Any tips on how to buy GPU?

Sapphire1217

Any tips for buying GPUs nowadays? Or any bots that could alert me when it is in stock?

Check local brick and mortar locations, use stock inventory bots that notify you when they come in stock. 

2 minutes ago, Sapphire1217 said:

Or any bots that could alert me when it is in stock?

There are. Check local brick and mortar locations, also there are some live streams on YT that have a bot check automatically and periodically update the stream. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Assuming you live in the US, go to microcenter 4 hours before they open. Or wait for the Bestbuy restock.

Don't even bother trying amazon, the bots get those cards in milliseconds.

5 minutes ago, Sapphire1217 said:

Any tips for buying GPUs nowadays? Or any bots that could alert me when it is in stock?

For Ampere/Big navi gpus:
Use this or the stockdrops discord: 24/7 Live In-Stock Alerts RTX 3060/3060TI/3070/3080/3090 RX 6700/6800/6900 Ryzen 5900x/5950x - YouTube

You'll want to camp bestbuy at around 10-12pm est, if possible 9-12:30. Just have some BB windows open and the bot'll alert you if bestbuy drops. They usually drop on tuesdays, Thursdays, or fridays, but can drop on any weekday, never on weekends. 

This is a good explainer on exactly how to get one: 

Brick and mortar stores (mostly microcenter) Sometimes may work, but don't count on it. 

Otherwise, just shop around for a prebuilt and buy the one with the best value, use it as your rig or take out the GPU, and sell the rest of the components. You'll be eating a loss, but honestly, It's quite a bit better than paying for a scalped card.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

If you are going to build an entirely new computer and want a graphics card, a prebuilt is probably the best route

I would also say, that a prebuilt would be the easiest way to get a new card in the current situation. Only relevant if you need an entire computer though. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Lower your standards.

This r9 270x is close to a 1050ti, cost me less than a 1050ti at msrp, the downside is it’s power consumption.

DDFB5016-EAC4-435C-9B8E-0D30BE267DC1.thumb.jpeg.46ad1abbdb3e829c8cba2c86d3a98047.jpeg

Cards like this are all over, buy older, and I mean much older stuff.

Youre not gonna find a 3060, 2060 or 1060 for a reasonable price, but you might find 970’s and 980’s sometimes for a good price.

Find a place taking backorders and order one.  It took about a week for my 3080 to show up.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>