Can I use a 4-pin PWM fan extension cable for 4-pin RGB cable?

So my SO got a few new fans for her case but they aren't daisy-chainable and she doesn't have a splitter to connect al the fans the her MOBO. My NZXT H510 came with a fan/RGB hub that would be perfect for her (I daisy chained my fans straight into the MOBO). But if I do that, I cannot get the 4-pin cable for the LED-strips to the MOBO (too short). I do have a 4-pin extension cable, but it's labled for 4-pin PWM fans. Is it safe to use for my 4-pin rgb strip? Will it fry it if I do that?

It’s just wires. If it’s got 4 wires on one end and 4 on the other and doesn’t do any twisty nonsense in between, it’ll be fine as an extension.

3 hours ago, Stu en-stu-siast said:

So my SO got a few new fans for her case but they aren't daisy-chainable and she doesn't have a splitter to connect al the fans the her MOBO. My NZXT H510 came with a fan/RGB hub that would be perfect for her (I daisy chained my fans straight into the MOBO). But if I do that, I cannot get the 4-pin cable for the LED-strips to the MOBO (too short). I do have a 4-pin extension cable, but it's labled for 4-pin PWM fans. Is it safe to use for my 4-pin rgb strip? Will it fry it if I do that?

4pin pwm wont fit on 4pin rgb mb header

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links