Should I return my power supply?

Go to solution Solved by emosun,

if you received a different product than what was pictured then you can return it regardless as it was misrepresented. You have plenty of documentation showing the products are different externally and internally to back up your claim.

Hi everyone, I have some urgent question. I just received my power supply, the ANTEC EarthWatts GOLD PRO 650W. It is listed in 'Tier A' in the PSU tier list in this forum, so I decided to bought it. However, the product I received was not like the promotional photos which is (I think) the international version. I believed I received the Chinese version instead (since there is not info sticker on the top and cable position is different). The problem is that since the list only noted that the 'pre 2018' version of the power supply can be 'Tier D' if it's Chinese version, is my newly received 'Chinese version' power supply (with the warranty starting at 2021/02) the 'post 2018' version instead? or the Chinese version is still bad despite of the production year? If so, I think I might have to return immediately. Thanks you in advance!

The first picture is from the store that I bought.

The second picture is what I received.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 211302.jpg

Screenshot 2021-04-19 212826.jpg

if you received a different product than what was pictured then you can return it regardless as it was misrepresented. You have plenty of documentation showing the products are different externally and internally to back up your claim.

I'd honestly return a product if it isn't what I originally bought.

Two reasons

1- why arent they sending me the product I asked for? (if it was sold out or etc they could just send you a message sayingits out of stock and get a refund)

2- I wouldnt use a bad quality powersupply as it could damage other components if the psu decided to die someday

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

I'll try to contact the seller and ask for refund. Thanks for replying.

4 minutes ago, Frontzer0 said:

I'll try to contact the seller and ask for refund. Thanks for replying.

I am actually the one who bought the last one, so the page shows it's out of stock. I'll try to contact the seller and return it. Thanks for replying.

That kind of behavior (misrepresenting items) is illegal in the US.  I don’t know about other countries.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That kind of behavior (misrepresenting items) is illegal in the US.  I don’t know about other countries.

In Thailand, I believe it is illegal too, so I hope I can get a refund. Thanks for replying.

9 minutes ago, Frontzer0 said:

In Thailand, I believe it is illegal too, so I hope I can get a refund. Thanks for replying.

In the US they would be liable for a lot more than just a return.  Their business could be shut down, and they could face a lawsuit which is likely to cost a LOT more than however much they made on the PSU.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

In the US they would be liable for a lot more than just a return.  Their business could be shut down, and they could face a lawsuit which is likely to cost a LOT more than however much they made on the PSU.

Hope the law is as strict here. People usually don't care much, so this situation can happen quite often and no one can do anything.