Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HX1000 cable compatibility

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

To be clear, you mean this older style blue HX1000, right?

Amazon.com: Corsair Professional Series™ HX1000 80 Plus Certified Modular  Power Supply (CMPSU-1000HX): Electronics

Not the blue label HX1000i (the difference being the 'i')?

It seems like this HX1000 'older' would not work with any newer cables:

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/psu-cable-compatibility

The 24 pin ATX/8 pin EPS are hardwired and the PCIe/SATA/PATA are in a class of their own:

image.png.95c48185e05247a58dd4871adc53b110.png

The HX1000i (blue label) and the modern HX1000 models (gray label) are a bit more complicated, since it depends on which cable you're talking about.

I love Corsair but using the same model numbers for different... Models is getting annoying haha.

Can anyone tell me if the modular cables for the new style (black and Gray label) HX1000's, will fit the older style Blue label HX1000. I've got one of the older models and yes yes I know it's and older PSU don't worry it's going into a build not worth very much and isnt realistically gonna be run that often plus it's gonna be fully inspected before install so don't stress, I just need to know the deal with the modular cables.

Cheers guys

Amazon.com: Corsair Professional Series™ HX1000 80 Plus Certified Modular  Power Supply (CMPSU-1000HX): Electronics

The 24 pin ATX/8 pin EPS are hardwired and the PCIe/SATA/PATA are in a class of their own:

The HX1000i (blue label) and the modern HX1000 models (gray label) are a bit more complicated, since it depends on which cable you're talking about.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

If you're talking about 80+ Gold HX, not the very old Silver/non-certified one then the 24-pin + 8-pin EPS motherboard cable is different, everything else is the same. For that very old HX i don't think anything will fit.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

7 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yeah that's the one I mean. Well that's a shame but not exactly suprising. I wish they would just make a bloody standard pinout for the PSU end of modular cables like they do on the component end, would make life a hell of a lot easier. That and sacking corsairs product naming team 😂

Guess I'll have to try and track down some second hand ones, thanks for your help.

19 minutes ago, minibois said:

The original HX units were 80+ standard and were from like 2006 or something. 520w and 620w. The HX1000 was part of a different series that came a few years later.

Type 3 cables for the old HX1000. The motherboard and CPU cables are fixed but the PCIe and peripheral connectors should be compatible with both the type 3 & type 4 cables.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, nootnoot1277 said:

I love Corsair but using the same model numbers for different... Models is getting annoying haha.

They don't.  The model number is the "CP-XXXXXX" (or CMPSU if it's REALLY old) number and every wattage and revision has a different CP part number.

As for the HX1000, there was only two.  CMPSU-1000HX and CP-920139.

2 hours ago, nootnoot1277 said:

Yeah that's the one I mean. Well that's a shame but not exactly suprising. I wish they would just make a bloody standard pinout for the PSU end of modular cables like they do on the component end, would make life a hell of a lot easier. That and sacking corsairs product naming team 😂

Guess I'll have to try and track down some second hand ones, thanks for your help.

So if you look at the PSU label, you'll see that one is called CMPSU-1000HX.