P6T Deluxe V2 + X5675 ECC RAM?

I'm looking at a P6T Deluxe V2 for one of my new projects. I'll be using a Xeon X5675 CPU and 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM I have lying around.

The MoBo does not support ECC RAM, but the CPU does. I've read that the RAM will just "not ECC" and that it will behave like normal RAM. 

The specific RAM is 4x8GB-2Rx4-PC3L-10600R-9-10-E1 from Hynix.

I have a dual Xeon workstation, and this RAM has worked flawlessly in there. I am not using that workstation, so I don't need this RAM. 

I've read that it will not work with registered RAM. Is what I have registered RAM?

I'm assuming it won't work, but maybe?

Help appreciated!

17 minutes ago, alexander.o said:

Is what I have registered RAM?

Yes

18 minutes ago, alexander.o said:

I'm assuming it won't work.

It wont. Either get unbuffered ECC (I am not sure if you will get ECC or not) or go with the safest bet, non ecc DDR3 rams.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

41 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yes

It wont. Either get unbuffered ECC (I am not sure if you will get ECC or not) or go with the safest bet, non ecc DDR3 rams.

Gotcha, thanks

Only the Intel server chipsets will run the Xeon with ECC RDIMMs (or the hacked Chinese boards from Aliexpress, lol).

The consumer boards need non-ECC or unbuffered ECC.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 4/19/2021 at 4:41 PM, NelizMastr said:

Only the Intel server chipsets will run the Xeon with ECC RDIMMs (or the hacked Chinese boards from Aliexpress, lol).

The consumer boards need non-ECC or unbuffered ECC.

Yeah, looks like I'm stuck with the wrong RAM. Do you know if unbuffered DIMMs and registered DIMMs can be combined in one system?

14 hours ago, alexander.o said:

Yeah, looks like I'm stuck with the wrong RAM. Do you know if unbuffered DIMMs and registered DIMMs can be combined in one system?

You can't mix ECC types. Either all RDIMM or all UDIMM. Since RDIMM support is reserved for server chipsets, they won't work in any configuration on your current motherboard.

This is why I ended up just getting the cheapest 12GB kit I could find and called it a day for my Asus P6T. Was about $60 2 months ago.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro