Ram Speed which is better!?

AceMVP8
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The SPD tab in CPU-Z will have a list of profiles stored inside the ram sticks. It should have one for 1600 Mhz (which is the 3200 Mhz preset, because real frequencies are half the advertised frequency)

Currently, it looks like you managed to make your memory run at 3200 Mhz (1597x2 = 3194 mhz) but your timings are a bit high. Try to get them down to 18-19 for the first 3, and something like 42 and 60-65 should be doable for the other 2 (but use the ones in the profile)

I bought my son his first gaming computer for Xmas this year. I got him a HP pavilion gaming desktop, TG series. It has a Ryzen 5 3500 , GeForce GTX 1650 and I just recently bought him G.Skill Ripjaws 5 ddr4,16gb,3200mhz. My question isn't what ram frequency should I use. Also hit has a shitty motherboard and a locked bios. So I had to use Ryzen Master for the ram. Please give me any suggestions. CL for 3200 is Cl16-18-18-36. When I set it to 3200 in RM I tried setting the cl to the suggested and it crashed so I had to reset the CMOS,so I just set it to 3200 and pushed all to auto which is how I got those timings.

Screenshot_20210419-080514.png

Screenshot_20210419-080422.png

IMG_20210418_123253_3.jpg

whats the cas latency of the ram kit (should be on a label)?
22-22-22-53 is fine, but preferably, you would have 16-16-16-36.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

CL22 for 3200Mhz RAM is pretty awful, actually.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

CL22 for 3200Mhz RAM is pretty awful, actually.

Agreed, even my 2133mhz CL14 ram overclocks to 3200mhz with CL20 timings.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

Agreed, even my 2133mhz CL14 ram overclocks to 3200mhz with CL20 timings.

I personally stay away from anything over 18 unless you start entering high frequencies like 4000

The SPD tab in CPU-Z will have a list of profiles stored inside the ram sticks. It should have one for 1600 Mhz (which is the 3200 Mhz preset, because real frequencies are half the advertised frequency)

Currently, it looks like you managed to make your memory run at 3200 Mhz (1597x2 = 3194 mhz) but your timings are a bit high. Try to get them down to 18-19 for the first 3, and something like 42 and 60-65 should be doable for the other 2 (but use the ones in the profile)

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Cl16-18-18-36 but when I tried it it crashed

56 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Where do you find that tab?

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

image.png.83eb1e43ce49d6ee6d3efb1cc0274705.png

Yeah I'm sorry I have seen that tab and the settings for 3200 and tried them and that's when it crashed. For some reason I thought you said on Ryzen master. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 8:22 AM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

So I know it's been awhile since this post but I got the timings down to cl18-18-18-38-54. I tried doing cl16 but it crashed so I stopped there. Those are the only timings I messed with do you think it would be worth messing with all the other timings.

Just now, AceMVP8 said:

So I know it's been awhile since this post but I got the timings down to cl18-18-18-38-54. I tried doing cl16 but it crashed so I stopped there. Those are the only timings I messed with do you think it would be worth messing with all the other timings.

those timings are much better, cl18 is gret.

can you do 17-17-17-38?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

those timings are much better, cl18 is gret.

can you do 17-17-17-38?

I'm not sure ,do you think it's worth giving it a try? Also do you think I should mess with all the other timing settings or do they not make that much of a difference? I appreciate all your input.

1 hour ago, AceMVP8 said:

I'm not sure ,do you think it's worth giving it a try? Also do you think I should mess with all the other timing settings or do they not make that much of a difference? I appreciate all your input.

ive never been hands on with tam overclocking. Its all theoritical, so ill not be much of a help. But if you can do cl17 do cl17.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

ive never been hands on with tam overclocking. Its all theoritical, so ill not be much of a help. But if you can do cl17 do cl17.

Cool I'll give it a try. Thanks

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I'm sorry but I'm pretty new to all this but I'm learning as much as I can. I wanted to ask you what do you mean by it's all theoritical?

11 minutes ago, AceMVP8 said:

I'm sorry but I'm pretty new to all this but I'm learning as much as I can. I wanted to ask you what do you mean by it's all theoritical?

I don’t have hands on experience, just what it should be like.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler