Important questions to you people from USA!

Spindel

So I read a thread on Reddit this weekend and was utterly horrified by a thing you americans do (or in this case don't do)!

Is it really true you don't put butter on your sandwiches?

2 hours ago, Spindel said:

So I read a thread on Reddit this weekend and was utterly horrified by a thing you americans do (or in this case don't do)!

It depends on the sandwich.  If I'm toasting the bread, I either use butter or mayonnaise. But majority of the time, I only put butter on my toast or on hot corn bread. But that is just me.  

I'm an oddity as I tend to eat cuban style dishes with a hungarian twist. Me being of hungarian/german/irish decent and my wife being cuban decent. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

That depends on the type of sandwich, now doesn't it? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It depends on the sandwich.

My favorite kind is:

Toasted bread

Melted cheese

Lunch meat

Jelly

Toasted read

Melted cheese

Lunch meat

Jelly
Toasted bread

It ends up being about 3 slices of bread thick, and tastes amazing.

Why no butter?
It fights with the theme of the sandwich.

I do like buttered toast, though.

elephants

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

That depends on the type of sandwich, now doesn't it? 

Always put butter on a sandwich, unless (the horror) you’ve run out of butter. Doesn’t matter what you put on else, you always put butter on the bread first. 

My mind was blown by reading that thread on Reddit, I can’t comprehend the crime against humanity of not always buttering your bread when making a sandwich. 

Just now, Spindel said:

Always put butter on a sandwich, unless (the horror) you’ve run out of butter. Doesn’t matter what you put on else, you always put butter on the bread first. 

My mind was blown by reading that thread on Reddit, I can’t comprehend the crime against humanity of not always buttering your bread when making a sandwich. 

What? Why?
Butter doesn't taste great with peanut butter & jelly. I've tried.

Melted cheese is superior.

elephants

I put mayonaise on my sandwich, and  very rarely butter it.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

What? Why?
Butter doesn't taste great with peanut butter & jelly. I've tried.

Melted cheese is superior.

Well that is the exception since peanutbutter basically is butter. 

4 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

I put mayonaise on my sandwich, and  very rarely butter it.

But of you have mayo on the sandwich you still put butter on the bread first 😛

Are we talking about butter on the inside of the bread or the outside?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

25 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Are we talking about butter on the inside of the bread or the outside?

Inside!

How is this even a question 😛

9 minutes ago, Spindel said:

Inside!

Butter... doesn't go in sandwiches. That's how they work here.

I could sort of see it going on the outside, but then your hand would get slippery.

elephants

3 hours ago, Spindel said:

But of you have mayo on the sandwich you still put butter on the bread first 😛

You're putting fat (oil) on top of fat (butter) by adding butter if you use mayo. Same as you would with peanut butter, because mayo is made with oil and eggs.

Butter is nice and all, but putting it on any and all kind of sandwiches might mean that you have a butter fetish/problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Spindel said:

Inside!

Because most sandwiches will have some other condiment/emollient on the inside anyway (mayonnaise, mustard, etc) which means butter will be either redundant or just create a gross mixture. On the outside would at least allow you to taste it as a distinct flavor, but as already mentioned would make the sandwich too slippery/greasy to hold. 

The exception of course would be buttering the outside of the bread and then grilling it but that doesn't seem to be what you mean. 

Is butter the only thing you have?

You never heard of peanuts butter sandwich?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

the only time I butter bread is if its in the shape of a dinner roll or breakfast biscuit. (or toasting it on skillet) but I don't each much in the way of sandwiches. When I do its generally turkey or chicken, and then I would rather just eat the meat with out the bread.. if I'm eating a bologna sandwich I put miracle whip on it.    

In France, you put the butter (no peanutt butter) in ham sandwich what it's called "Jambon-beurre", very popular in France :old-smile:

jambon-beurre.png

You also put the butter in raw ham sandwich.

No butter in tuna sandwich, you put mayonnaise instead of butter. Same for chicken, country terrine, etc...

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

butter goes on the outside of the sandwich like if I'm making a grilled cheese, a tuna melt, making my sandwich into a panini, or something like that. butter goes on the inside only on dinner rolls where there is nothing else on the inside.

When making a normal sandwich with meat and other fillers no butter goes on there. mayonnaise goes on one side and mustard goes on the other side both sides being on the inside of the sandwich.