The ever popular "help with a planned build" please :)

Budget (including currency): Not to exceed 600$ USALand Money

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: NOT FOR GAMING. For Adobe CS6 and web browsing only.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have:

an m.2 512GB nVME drive

Windows 10 Pro

GTX 1060 3GB GPU

several sata SSDs

16GB DDR3

Will need: 1080p 60Hz Monitor

mATX mobo (with wifi and bluetooth built-in preferably)

RAM, possibly.

mATX case, they have already picked out the Antec Dapper Dark Phantom mATX case

(https://www.amazon.com/Antec-DP301M-Micro-Tower-Black-Micro-ATX/dp/B07N7J9WG9)

RGB fans and I suppose RGB/fan controller, depending on mobo.

OK, so I have a friend who has never had a computer in their life. But they got themselves a camera, a Nikon D850, and is currently transferring their .jpgs to the android phone via bluetooth, but needs a computer to really make full use of the camera.

My thought is, given all the spare bits I have around, and since they won't be gaming, get a x79 chinese mobo and go that route, saving money (I know they are willing to spend 600$, but I also know they don't have much money to begin with, so the less they spend, the better off)

However.....

I know the x79 is a way dead platform, but I wasn't sure if I could squeeze in a new mobo/cpu/RAM/BT/wifi/RGB/case for 600$ (or less) so that's where I would like your help.

Which direction would you go, and what suggestions would you make?

Thank you for your help.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

That post is a bit of a jumble. To recap, you have several options, correct me if I'm wrong...

1) you need to find, to go with your GPU and RAM:

-motherboard and CPU that is compatible with DDR3

-PSU

-RGB accessories

or 

2) (mostly) full new build with modern parts, to go with existing GPU

-something like the latest athlon and cheapest motherboard. or go intel, the 11400f is getting some love, plus compatible mobo

-again, PSU

-doubtful you'll be incorporating RGB with this option

(As for what you should do...)

I'm not familiar with hardware that is compatible with DDR3. You need to find some, and do basic price/performance calculations, comparing it to, for example, the 11400f. AMD doesn't have much right now for budget options. I think the most recent athlon was released over a year ago, but I could be wrong. 

Best of luck

Yeah I was trying to use as much of the existing bit as I had on hand, and the main point was the RAM. Stick with DDR3 and go x79, or buy DDR4 and go new.

I noticed Ryzen CPUs have rather gone right up in price as of late.

I put together a Ryzen 5 2600 rig on PCPartpicker but hit 1000$ without even trying very hard.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.