How do you learn hard line custom water cooling installation?

Vilacom
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
3 minutes ago, Vilacom said:

Is there a way to practice at all?

Yes, learn how to properly use hardline kits. Buy one and a few hardline tubes (also heat gun, most hardline kit doesnt come with one and propane is very inconsistent) and learn how to bend without snapping or kinking the tube. Those youtube videos youve watched probably already gives you a good idea on how.

But in my opinion, for a first watercool build, always go soft tube. Its easy, less risk of pressure crack, and most watercool kits (if you wanna go with those) already come with them.

So my entire life I have loved the look of custom water loops and I am extremely fortunate that the next computer I build will be able to be a true no compromises machine, I really want to build it myself and I want to have a custom water loop, but I simply have no clue beyond what can be gleaned from YouTube instructional videos how to go about planning and installing a water loop, something I’m quite certain does not translate well from watching a tech professional do it on YouTube.  How can you learn to do this?  Is there a way to practice at all?  Or is it simply bite the bullet and pay the very large build fee that my local micro center would charge for a custom water loop build($800)

3 minutes ago, Vilacom said:

Is there a way to practice at all?

Yes, learn how to properly use hardline kits. Buy one and a few hardline tubes (also heat gun, most hardline kit doesnt come with one and propane is very inconsistent) and learn how to bend without snapping or kinking the tube. Those youtube videos youve watched probably already gives you a good idea on how.

But in my opinion, for a first watercool build, always go soft tube. Its easy, less risk of pressure crack, and most watercool kits (if you wanna go with those) already come with them.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.