Should I use a bot to get a 3070

First things first, I’m not a scalper, I’m not a miner, I’m just a normal dude who wants a 3070. I’ve been trying since January but to no avail. Recently, high school has been taking up more and more of my time and I just started my first job which means I have a lot less time to sit around and camp for cards. That being said, I know bots are frowned upon but I have no other options right now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bot I should use to set up on my current rig. I’m only doing this so I can get a card. Avian I’m not a scalper or miner. Please help.

personally if you are ONLY buying a single card, I would say that that is ok. 

10 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

First things first, I’m not a scalper, I’m not a miner, I’m just a normal dude who wants a 3070. I’ve been trying since January but to no avail. Recently, high school has been taking up more and more of my time and I just started my first job which means I have a lot less time to sit around and camp for cards. That being said, I know bots are frowned upon but I have no other options right now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bot I should use to set up on my current rig. I’m only doing this so I can get a card. Avian I’m not a scalper or miner. Please help.

so heres a question on will you be happy that you used a bot to get a gpu now then wating and not bot it. i mean ya gpus cost alot but on the other had do you really need a 3070? gtx 1080 can still paly most games fine pulse do you need all the eye candy turned up? do you even no what games that NEEDS a 3070 to run?

money can be made. imo buy something cheaper and upgrade later.

i no you want something new everyone wants that but some times take a step back.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

A thing i learn from the internet: The more you repeat something in a single post, the more it sounds like a lie.

Imo botting for me its just wrong, there are 1000s others who have the same urgency as i am to get GPUs and why would i take someone's luck away so cruelly. But if you really want it that bad, go on. Noone will stop you.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I'm not saying I support the use of bots, but you do what you have to do to get what you want

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

12 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

but I have no other options right now

I understand you will die if yuo don't play video games. so sad. Use it or not it's your choice bruh. No one will stop you.

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

gtx 1080 can still paly most games fine

This is a brilliant IDEA, everyone seems to forget this card is a monster not long ago.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

The more you repeat something in a single post, the more it sounds like a lie.

Assumption is not fact. Do you think scalpers or miners would ask permissions from anyone in this forum? 
Oh i feel so bad using a bot, i wan't to ask LTT forum if it's ok to use bots, so i can feel much better.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Do you think scalpers or miners would ask permissions from anyone in this forum? 
Oh i feel so bad using a bot, i wan't to ask LTT forum if it's ok to use bots, so i can feel much better.

Human Psychology is a genuinely bizzare thing, you know?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I understand you will die if yuo don't play video games. so sad. Use it or not it's your choice bruh. No one will stop you.

This is a brilliant IDEA, everyone seems to forget this card is a monster not long ago.

Assumption is not fact. Do you think scalpers or miners would ask permissions from anyone in this forum? 

ya this is tue i mean really how many games do you really need a 30xx gpu to play? and back in the ee old days having no lag and the eye candy turned up was luxury

too many people think i need this gpu but cant say why. for the rental price to performance it makes seance to buy...but if you cant buy it at that then is it worth it?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Human Psychology is a genuinely bizzare thing, you know?

And i assume you have a degree to back it up?

Psychology analisis is bases on spectrum and samples, it's not exact science.

You can say he's lying, which can be true, also might also be he's too nervous to post something like this.
I have a special need children so i face psychiatrist all the time. 

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya this is tue i mean really how many games do you really need a 30xx gpu to play? and back in the ee old days having no lag and the eye candy turned up was luxury

too many people think i need this gpu but cant say why.

Back in the day having frame rate that is equal to the screen refresh rate is a luxury. haha.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

And i assume you have a degree to back it up?

Psychology analisis is bases on spectrum and samples, it's not exact science.

You can say he's lying, which can be true, also might also be he's too nervous to post something like this.
I have a special need children so i face psychiatrist all the time. 

Back in the day having frame rate that is equal to the screen refresh rate is a luxury. haha.

i didn't even no what fps was when i gamed back then. wasn't till i started buying my own pc parts. before that  i got my dad hammy downs for free. i was never one for mad fps of gpus setting maxed out i cared more about modding my pc when my dad was like that a wast of money...things to look cool but dont add performance.

like an led in a cd drive, or the stealth drive....thow some of the mods i did was cheap to do...

Edited by thrasher_565

35 minutes ago, The_Vaccine said:

personally if you are ONLY buying a single card, I would say that that is ok. 

That’s the plan bro

34 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so heres a question on will you be happy that you used a bot to get a gpu now then wating and not bot it. i mean ya gpus cost alot but on the other had do you really need a 3070? gtx 1080 can still paly most games fine pulse do you need all the eye candy turned up? do you even no what games that NEEDS a 3070 to run?

money can be made. imo buy something cheaper and upgrade later.

i no you want something new everyone wants that but some times take a step back.

I get where you’re coming from with getting a used 1080 but I also use my pc heavily for vr. I’ve always wanted top of the line (2080 ti performance) but could never really afford it. While 3070 are pricey, I’d be willing to pay a little bit extra if it means better performance inside the headset

35 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

A thing i learn from the internet: The more you repeat something in a single post, the more it sounds like a lie.

Imo botting for me its just wrong, there are 1000s others who have the same urgency as i am to get GPUs and why would i take someone's luck away so cruelly. But if you really want it that bad, go on. Noone will stop you.

I understand why you disagree I’m more asking just because I don’t have time anymore. If I did I’d be waiting alongside them.

Just now, GenericBot1 said:

I get where you’re coming from with getting a used 1080 but I also use my pc heavily for vr. I’ve always wanted top of the line (2080 ti performance) but could never really afford it. While 3070 are pricey, I’d be willing to pay a little bit extra if it means better performance inside the headset

ya i thought you can vr with like an gtx 970 but i have heard you want 90+ frps and i guess new vr games are more demanding i guess. i can see why you would need it. someday ill have vr i tried it once at a cafe and it was al-some. only problem was there no beginner tuoturals on how to use the vr for the first time and something should have said stand still and use the controller to move....but i blame that on the cafe it self i told them i was new to vr....

32 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Bruh u think scalpers and miners go to the Linus f@$@ing tech tips forum. No. I’m just here asking how to purchase as SINGLE CARD using a bot. Nothing more, nothing less. 

edit: I’m literally a high schooler and a dishwasher. You think I’m rolling in enough cash to buy out all of Nvidias 3070 stock

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya i thought you can vr with like an gtx 970 but i have heard you want 90+ frps and i guess new vr games are more demanding i guess. i can see why you would need it. someday ill have vr i tried it once at a cafe and it was al-some. only problem was there no beginner tuoturals on how to use the vr for the first time and something should have said stand still and use the controller to move....but i blame that on the cafe it self i told them i was new to vr....

That was awhile ago. I’m more looking for forward compatibility with newer, more intensive games. My brothers 1070 was chugging in HL:A and Stormlands. I can’t even run Medal of Honor and Asgard’s Wrath. Games are going to become bigger and bolder in vr and looking ahead I think the 3070 will be a good starting point for me personally.

1 minute ago, GenericBot1 said:

That was awhile ago. I’m more looking for forward compatibility with newer, more intensive games. My brothers 1070 was chugging in HL:A and Stormlands. I can’t even run Medal of Honor and Asgard’s Wrath. Games are going to become bigger and bolder in vr and looking ahead I think the 3070 will be a good starting point for me personally.

ya i hear ya gl i think the 1080ti come close to the 3070 in performance? maybe i wrong i dont no.

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

ya i hear ya gl i think the 1080ti come close to the 3070 in performance? maybe i wrong i dont no.

3070 is on par with a 2080ti. 1080 is still a great card but not good enough to rival a 2080ti. Plus they’re way overpriced for their age and performance in our current pc climate. 

1 minute ago, GenericBot1 said:

3070 is on par with a 2080ti. 1080 is still a great card but not good enough to rival a 2080ti. Plus they’re way overpriced for their age and performance in our current pc climate. 

that's it people were selling there 2080ti for 3070 and we were siting here why? if you can get it at the rental price make since but i dont think any 30xx really were sold at retail price if there was it was like 2 gpu per store or something to say "we sold some at rental price" i think the "retail price is made up" imo

1080 is still very good gpu. you should use that until things settle down and normalize then buy the 3070 at MSRP.

I am beyond high school now but i fell you man. Anyway gtx 1080 can play most games over 60fps at max settings on 1080p.  

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

A single bot isn't going to help you much. There's literally thousands of bots fighting to buy the same cards.