Liquid Cooler Fan Not Working

Azrien_Fox

Hi there, complete noobie to computer stuff. So my computer has been using the ASETEK 570LXL 240MM WATERCOOLER since Ive gotten it about three years now, but now the bottom fan has stopped moving. I have been trying to find info on how to replace the fan but no luck. So I assume in order to remove the fan I have to unscrew it from the radiator, unplug it from its power source and replace it with the new fan? And Im assuming its a 120mm fan that I am supposed to replace it with? Just wanna make sure that I can replace the fan before taking it off the cooler.

Another possibility I was thinking of was the fan seizing up due to general use, a video I saw online talking about how there are sometimes openings in the center of the fan (behind the sticker) that allow you to put oil in and clear up the seizure. Here is the video in question.

Anyways, thanks a bunch!

Azrien

You can try to clean it like that, but it always comes with its own set of risks and time investment. The bearings are more then likely shot after dust/hair got into them, so you will probably just be better to get a 120mm Fan. 

Just now, Shimejii said:

You can try to clean it like that, but it always comes with its own set of risks and time investment. The bearings are more then likely shot after dust/hair got into them, so you will probably just be better to get a 120mm Fan. 

Ah okay, yeah fans are pretty cheap, so I might just do that. Like I said, I just wanted to check in here before going into the computer. Thanks for the response!

Thanks, now actually I have another question. So I looked online to see if my case, the phanteks p400, had any fans in the front behind the panel. Turns out the bottom fan on this side (pic attached, my computer is off atm) is also dead. Ill have to pull some panels off when I get time but if I need to replace a fan on the side of the radiator closest to the front, do I need to detach the radiator itself from the unit so I can get the fan out? 

16188106033663529164910874417461.jpg

Actually now that I'm looking at the front side of this radiator, I might have to take it out just to clean it. The screen for the front panel near the front led strip wasn't there, so its been getting dust on the radiator.

Edit: now that I've looked at it, its only gaining dust on the area where the top fan is. Strange.

Edited by Azrien_Fox
Just had to add on an additional detail for the dust

1 hour ago, Azrien_Fox said:

now that I've looked at it, its only gaining dust on the area where the top fan is. Strange.

working fan will pull more dust compared to non working intake fan ofcourse.😅

👇

Turns out the bottom fan on this side (pic attached, my computer is off atm) is also dead.

16188106033663529164910874417461.jpg

if you are talking about the radiator in the image above,

Ill have to pull some panels off when I get time but if I need to replace a fan on the side of the radiator closest to the front, do I need to detach the radiator itself from the unit so I can get the fan out? 

if the left side panel ain't troubling you from sliding the fan out then you wont have to remove the radiator.
for right panel that's probably too much work....

one fan is dead and there's quite an amount of dust there on top side of rad and fan i would recommend cleaning it.😇

ALSO PLZ QUOTE OR TAG ME TO SEE YOUR REPLIES/RESPONSE other wise i wont know bcuz i wont get notification even if you have replied or asked question.
you need to tag or quote the person to get them notified. (that's why it took me this long to reply to you)
and if someone's reply/post answers you question don't forget to flag them answer. this way people will get it that the thread it closed with an answer.