Looking for Laptop Recommendations 2021 (main everyday laptop, details in post)

EJMB

I'm currently planning to upgrade my laptop (single device use) this year if possible (rendering some videos and and some tasks are getting a bit too slow for me not to mention not being able to play the latest games well lol)
Ideally it would have the ff:
-Ryzen 5000 + nVIDIA 3000 internals; or previous Gen if current components become too price prohibitive
-Large Battery (better if 90Wh and above) w/ USB C PD charging
-easily upgradable RAM (dual channel) AND STORAGE (better if 2 M.2 slots)
-16:10 QHD screen 
-BONUS if it's 2.3kg and lighter (in my line of work, it's better if I get to bring the laptop with me at all times around 8-16h/day often), with a webcam, good speakers and etc
-Budget? I'm willing to be flexible as it is an investment

Any ideas or other recommendations? should I wait for next year? Ultrabook plus eGPU? or something else? 
Very much willing to listen here

right now there are many great options in theory but everything is almost constantly out of stock because there is a massive shortage of most hardware in the entire world. the asus g14 or the g15 would be really good but I would watch video reviews first. they can provide lots of information. there are also written reviews on this website. 

12 minutes ago, EJMB said:

I'm currently planning to upgrade my laptop (single device use) this year if possible (rendering some videos and and some tasks are getting a bit too slow for me not to mention not being able to play the latest games well lol)
Ideally it would have the ff:
-Ryzen 5000 + nVIDIA 3000 internals
-Large Battery (better if 90Wh and above) w/ USB C PD charging
-easily upgradable RAM (dual channel) AND STORAGE (better if 2 M.2 slots)
-16:10 QHD screen 
-BONUS if it's 2.3kg and lighter (in my line of work, it's better if I get to bring the laptop with me at all times around 8-16h/day often), with a webcam, good speakers and etc
-Budget? I'm willing to be flexible as it is an investment

Any ideas or other recommendations? should I wait for next year? Ultrabook plus eGPU? or something else? 
Very much willing to listen here

Use case and region? Can you provide some sort of detail about your budget, whatsoever? Is there a certain screen size you'd like? 

The ROG flow x13 comes to mind immediately, but it's battery size is fairly small, and I'm unsure about the ram and ssd upgradability.

Main thing is, oh, oh man, this is *expensive:*ASUS ROG Flow X13 2-in-1 13.4" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop AMD Ryzen 9 32GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 1TB SSD Off Black GV301QHXS98B - Best Buy

That's without the egpu. If you can stomach a smaller battery, an uncertain upgrade path, and the hefty price (well over 4k usd once you add in the specially designed egpu, up to Iirc a 3080 max-p), then this might be the one for you.

Another option: ASUS ROG Zephyrus 15.6" QHD Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen 9 16GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 1TB SSD Eclipse Grey Eclipse Grey GA503QR-211.ZG15 - Best Buy

A good option, but it isn't specially designed for an Igpu, it might not be 16:10. 

Of course, there's other options out there, tell me if you don't like either of these options. Like was said, you might want to check out the g14 and g15, those could be good options. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

8 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Use case and region? Can you provide some sort of detail about your budget, whatsoever? Is there a certain screen size you'd like? 

Use case?
>Work (everyday word processing, powerpoint, file compression and uncompression along with multiple download and uploads everyday (files are usually around 400MB to 1+GB in size) all while needing to be mobile around where I work, file storage and back-up among other things)
>Study (screen recording and exporting to video, file conversion such as photos/powerpoints to pdfs, compression of files for sharing (local/on-hand storage is preferred as internet rates can be rather expensive if you look at the cumulative cost), file storage and back-up among other things)
>Gaming (when I can...would want to play titles comfortably at 1080p to 1440p moving forward, haven't had a great experience for some time haha)
>Media consumption and web browsing during my spare time

Region?
>I'm from SouthEast Asia (the 'tech tariff' or 'tech tax' here is rather brutal at times given currency conversion rates and such)

Budget?
>at most $1500 ideally but if I need to go higher then I'll be flexible but better if around $1000 to $1500 upfront...I can upgrade later if needed; the high premiums in tech in my region is rather expected...what might cost $1000 dollars in the US can be worth around $1200-$1400 at times here

Screen Size?
>given that it will be my main workstation sort of, I'd prefer 14 to 16"

But again, open to other ideas or suggestions here 🙂
I appreciate the help!