Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My disk space usually goes up to 100 when I first open my pc and won't go down for up to 20 minutes. Why is tha?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OrangeSunshine said:

Do you mean your disk usage?

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What are the specs of your pc?

 

Are you booting from a hard drive?

 

  • CPU
    i9 10850k
  • Motherboard
    Rog Strix Z490-E
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
  • GPU
    Zotac Amp Holo 3070
  • Case
    Phanteks P500a
  • Storage
    WD Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 850x
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
     
     And I only have a hard drive, no ssd, so i'm assuming I am?
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:
  • CPU
    i9 10850k
  • Motherboard
    Rog Strix Z490-E
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
  • GPU
    Zotac Amp Holo 3070
  • Case
    Phanteks P500a
  • Storage
    WD Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 850x
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
     
     And I only have a hard drive, no ssd, so i'm assuming I am?

Yea that hdd is your problem.

 

WHy do you have such a high end system with only a hdd, its gonna be really slow without a ssd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea that hdd is your problem.

 

WHy do you have such a high end system with only a hdd, its gonna be really slow without a ssd.

To be honest I don't know why haha. It was perfectly fine for the first two months but it's just now acting like this. What ssd would you recommend with me having to take my motherboard preferably. (If that's possible)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

What ssd would you recommend with me having to take my motherboard out

But you dont need to take your board off to put any form of SSD?

 

Anyway, how much are ya willing to spend and how many storage ya need in your C drive?

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

 

"Why do people throw away graphics card, just add more vram"

- Albert Einstein

Self Introduction and Current Rig

 

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

To be honest I don't know why haha. It was perfectly fine for the first two months but it's just now acting like this. What ssd would you recommend with me having to take my motherboard out or anything. (If that's possible)

You could try limiting the amount of things that run on startup. That way your HDD has to do less to get your PC up and going. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

To be honest I don't know why haha. It was perfectly fine for the first two months but it's just now acting like this.

Try turning off Windows Search in Services.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap for what it had)
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) of DDR4 GEIL Evo Potenza, OC to 3200Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: NONE, eveything works fine, no need to upgrade, stop telling me I need an SSD. Ok, things be slow sometimes.
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)
(Yes, I use a CRT and I prefer gaming on one)
 
Cooling: Grill with filter installed onto the front panel for air intake cooling with a 120mm Corsair ML120 fan and an old recycled 92mm cooler master(forgot model) fan for exhaust.
 
Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

But you dont need to take your board off to put any form of SSD?

 

Anyway, how much are ya willing to spend and how many storage ya need in your C drive?

Oh, I didn't know

 

And probably around 150-200. Would 500GB-1TB be enough, since I already have a 2TB HD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

Oh, I didn't know

 

And probably around 150-200. Would 500GB-1TB be enough, since I already have a 2TB HD

Yea 1tb is normally plenty. Id get a m.2 nvme drives. Something like a 970 evo or sn750

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OrangeSunshine said:

You could try limiting the amount of things that run on startup. That way your HDD has to do less to get your PC up and going. 

I just disabled some things. This is what it looks like now, and could i disable OneDrive or do I need that?

Screenshot (34).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea 1tb is normally plenty. Id get a m.2 nvme drives. Something like a 970 evo or sn750

Pretty much my recommendation in that price bracket. @SquiddyButler

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

 

"Why do people throw away graphics card, just add more vram"

- Albert Einstein

Self Introduction and Current Rig

 

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

I just disabled some things. This is what it looks like now, and could i disable OneDrive or do I need that?

You could disable it on startup, but it won't sync files from other devices until you open one drive. I guess it depends on how crucial one drive is for you. If it is for work or something, I would probably leave it alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×