Clipped audio effect in editing?

CARL0S
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
9 minutes ago, CARL0S said:

I see how I was unclear. I meant the effect of somebody clipping their mic. Screaming so loud it gives a weird effect. Like this: 

thanks for the reply though. I want to add this effect into audio that wasn’t this loud to begin with. To add emphasis to somebody screaming. 

Ok, so you want to add noise/distortion where there is none. Found this:

I am looking to add the effect of a clipped mic onto audio I'm editing. I use Davinci Resolve (free version cuz I'm cheap), but I'm open to solutions for premier or other software. It might have the same or a similar name across different software. Also if you know about an online tool or something like that I'd love to hear about it. Thanks. 

Do you mean sudden peaks and sound cutting? Thats just basic editing, not really an effect. Copy audio track, increase volume on part and then add some 0.5s cut.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Do you mean sudden peaks and sound cutting? Thats just basic editing, not really an effect. Copy audio track, increase volume on part and then add some 0.5s cut.

Thanks for this. I’m a pretty beginner editor, what do you mean by .5s cut? 

20 minutes ago, CARL0S said:

Thanks for this. I’m a pretty beginner editor, what do you mean by .5s cut? 

You cut snipped out of audio track. If I interpret clipping here correctly, its when audio cuts at high volume (as in software cuts when gain goes over set peak level). So removing short clip from audio would cause effect.

Just remember to copy audio track so you have something to play around while original is saved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

You cut snipped out of audio track. If I interpret clipping here correctly, its when audio cuts at high volume (as in software cuts when gain goes over set peak level). So removing short clip from audio would cause effect.

Just remember to copy audio track so you have something to play around while original is saved.

I see how I was unclear. I meant adding in the effect of somebody peaking their mic. To give the effect of it without them having gotten loud enough to peak it before. Thanks anyways though.

Also I’m kinda dumb idk how I didn’t see this misunderstanding with your first reply. 

9 minutes ago, CARL0S said:

I see how I was unclear. I meant the effect of somebody clipping their mic. Screaming so loud it gives a weird effect. Like this: 

thanks for the reply though. I want to add this effect into audio that wasn’t this loud to begin with. To add emphasis to somebody screaming. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks, I’ll take a look after I finish school.