LiDAR Sensor Manufacturer in iPhone 12 Pro and Pro MAX

EndoliteMatrix

I've been looking at breakdown videos, and trying to avoid taking mine apart - but i'm genuinely curious as to who made the lidar sensor in the 12 pro/max. 

Curious as to whether Apple outsourced it, for a trial run on the new cameras, or if they went with MicroVision, Velodyne,  or something along those lines. I've tried everything. Scanning QR codes. But  no one goes past taking the sensor out of the phone without doing a further breakdown.

Any info would be awesome!

Quote for a reply.

React if I: Answered your question, helped, or made you laugh!

4 hours ago, EndoliteMatrix said:

I've been looking at breakdown videos, and trying to avoid taking mine apart - but i'm genuinely curious as to who made the lidar sensor in the 12 pro/max. 

Curious as to whether Apple outsourced it, for a trial run on the new cameras, or if they went with MicroVision, Velodyne,  or something along those lines. I've tried everything. Scanning QR codes. But  no one goes past taking the sensor out of the phone without doing a further breakdown.

Any info would be awesome!

The iPad Pro's LiDAR involved lasers from Lumentum and sensors from Sony, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were present in the iPhone 12 Pro family. I'm not sure about other components to it, but it sounds like the overall package might be Apple's creation. Goodness knows LiDAR in phones doesn't exactly have a huge customer list.