Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game modes seems to really take a lot of the eye candy away from the games. This is my issue

I have set everything I think right. Free sync off Dolby on vrr on also I have hgig on because I was told it’s better to adjust per game 

why is game mode still trash after all these years with consoles being the most played. Not to get into a debate I would just like anyone who knows more for help to see how they got there configure I know it’s a popular tv  and all 

MY RIG #1
I9 9900k Hyper Evo Black 2080 ti Strix Asus Maximus XI Hero 32 gb Hyper X Predator HP OMEN 27" 165hz Lian Li Lancool2 500 gb Samsung NVMEAsus Asus Rog 850 Thor

What's specifically wrong with game mode? It looks fabulous on my PS5 and CX. I actually used it as a starting point for my ChromeCast because I liked how little about the picture was changed. Yeah, I upped the saturation a little bit because a couple things looked washed out compared to my Plasma, but that's it. My Movie/TV input (Chromecaset) and my PS5 input have the same exact settings other than BFI on for movies and off for games to fix the 24p "judder." Have you tried resetting your HDR setup? I'm also not sure if you can do "Freesync off" while trying to use "VRR on." But I might be mistaken. 

10 hours ago, Colty said:

What's specifically wrong with game mode? It looks fabulous on my PS5 and CX. I actually used it as a starting point for my ChromeCast because I liked how little about the picture was changed. Yeah, I upped the saturation a little bit because a couple things looked washed out compared to my Plasma, but that's it. My Movie/TV input (Chromecaset) and my PS5 input have the same exact settings other than BFI on for movies and off for games to fix the 24p "judder." Have you tried resetting your HDR setup? I'm also not sure if you can do "Freesync off" while trying to use "VRR on." But I might be mistaken. 

For me game makes the game lose its brightness . 

MY RIG #1
I9 9900k Hyper Evo Black 2080 ti Strix Asus Maximus XI Hero 32 gb Hyper X Predator HP OMEN 27" 165hz Lian Li Lancool2 500 gb Samsung NVMEAsus Asus Rog 850 Thor

Use some basic test patterns to dial it in. Game Mode looks just as good as any other mode.

12 hours ago, SixtyfpsGaming said:

For me game makes the game lose its brightness . 

Crank the "OLED light" if it's not already, leave Dynamic Tone Mapping on, turn BFI or "TruMotion" off. Turn off all eco stuff, make sure "UHD Deep Color", and "instant game response" is on.

Dynamic Tone Mapping makes it much brighter. It's not slow like Dynamic Contrast where the scene will change and it'll change the contrast/brightness a moment after. 

BFI/TruMotion - 
Any sort of frame interpolation is not good for gaming. The Black Frame Insertion (OLED Motion pro) being on will reduce the brightness quite a bit. I leave it on for movie watching (fixes judder for 24/25hz content), but even if it makes things cleaner in game, I don't notice it enough to justify the brightness loss. And this is coming from someone who uses Plasma TVs and 240Hz monitors daily. 

10 hours ago, Colty said:

Crank the "OLED light" if it's not already, leave Dynamic Tone Mapping on, turn BFI or "TruMotion" off. Turn off all eco stuff, make sure "UHD Deep Color", and "instant game response" is on.

Dynamic Tone Mapping makes it much brighter. It's not slow like Dynamic Contrast where the scene will change and it'll change the contrast/brightness a moment after. 

BFI/TruMotion - 
Any sort of frame interpolation is not good for gaming. The Black Frame Insertion (OLED Motion pro) being on will reduce the brightness quite a bit. I leave it on for movie watching (fixes judder for 24/25hz content), but even if it makes things cleaner in game, I don't notice it enough to justify the brightness loss. And this is coming from someone who uses Plasma TVs and 240Hz monitors daily. 

I will have to try turning Dynamic mapping on .

I watched a good video on how to set it up 

I think my issue was i aways tended to use the vivid setting with every tv i ever owned. Im not sure if vivid would cause burn in but im happy with the settigns i got from this. What is your opinion of this ? 

MY RIG #1

Vivid is the absolute worst picture mode. It only exists to make TVs look good in stores. If that is what you are used to then it is no surprise that you think other modes look dark. But the other modes give you the more accurate picture. You just have to get used to it.