I've put a moldy DVD in my PS4 disk drive. Did I infect the drive?

Long story short i wanted to watch an old movie I had on a DVD and plugged the thing in my PS4.
I got carried away and ended up not watching the thing but leaving the disk inside the PS4 and when i went to pull it out I noticed a spot on it of what seemed like to be mold. What i am more worried about is did I infect the disk drive in the PS4 and now there are tons of spores in the console?

Dose anyone have a clue about it?

IMG_20210418_160443216.jpg

Edited by Albert F

An unusual thing but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I assume your PS4 is kept in a dry non-damp environment?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

An unusual thing but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I assume your PS4 is kept in a dry non-damp environment?

Yes

you should be fine provided your PS4 isn't in a damp location, and its hardly any mold anyway so if the mold was already on the disc the likelihood of spores flying off the wagon aren't much of a concern and it looks like normal household聽mold not the deadly black mold crap so just carry on with life and clean your discs聽馃榾

also maybe English is your second language so here's a little grammar lesson. you post should say *moldy* not molded. moldy is what happened聽to your disc and what happens to bread聽and cheese, exc. molded is how they make a lot of plastics and metals they mold them into a blank that creates the shape.