Need Recommendations on Parts for First Time Build.

GuyPhy4

Budget (including currency): 200000 INR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Need to use as a workstation with the max possible CPU performance ( Processor die design using Synthesis tools and Multithreaded workload simulations ) and decent enough GPU performance. 

Other details: I need to build the computer within 10-15 days as the workflow depends on it. Currently all the people involved work on their own laptops which are mostly i5s ( I'm working on 8300H ), and it is a lot of hassle to co-ordinate and work efficiently. Peripherals such as monitors and keyboard etc. are not included in this budget and anything is ok for those. For storage currently we just need a primary drive and if any additional storage is required that can be upgarded in the future. Most of the work will be on linux and we already have a windows license if needed. I need help in checking if I am selecting the parts that'll give me most performance and if I'm missing anything in the build. 

For the parts that do not have price mentioned in this list, I have contacted local retailers and I'm getting those parts at MRP. The total cost of the build as it stands is around 195000 INR so there isn't much wiggle room. The money is coming from company account so I may be able to strech the budget a bit more but that is highly unlikely. 

My Parts list so far

P.S : Also my first time posting here so I apologize if I missed anything. I'll try to reply to any further questions needed to help me as soon as possible. Thanks.   

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

id suggest you upgrade your psu to sth like an 850w unit,it won't help you right now but it may help in the future

I was initially looking at a 750W PSU but the availability is really sparse right now. But still thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to look for it.

2 minutes ago, GuyPhy4 said:

Budget (including currency): 200000 INR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Need to use as a workstation with the max possible CPU performance ( Processor die design using Synthesis tools and Multithreaded workload simulations ) and decent enough GPU performance. 

Other details: I need to build the computer within 10-15 days as the workflow depends on it. Currently all the people involved work on their own laptops which are mostly i5s ( I'm working on 8300H ), and it is a lot of hassle to co-ordinate and work efficiently. Peripherals such as monitors and keyboard etc. are not included in this budget and anything is ok for those. For storage currently we just need a primary drive and if any additional storage is required that can be upgarded in the future. Most of the work will be on linux and we already have a windows license if needed. I need help in checking if I am selecting the parts that'll give me most performance and if I'm missing anything in the build. 

For the parts that do not have price mentioned in this list, I have contacted local retailers and I'm getting those parts at MRP. The total cost of the build as it stands is around 195000 INR so there isn't much wiggle room. The money is coming from company account so I may be able to strech the budget a bit more but that is highly unlikely. 

My Parts list so far

P.S : Also my first time posting here so I apologize if I missed anything. I'll try to reply to any further questions needed to help me as soon as possible. Thanks.   

Welcome to the forum.

The parts list looks pretty good to me. I don't know how much GPU horsepower you'd need, also the cost is probably much more right now, but apart from that the build looks good enough to me.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Welcome to the forum.

The parts list looks pretty good to me. I don't know how much GPU horsepower you'd need, also the cost is probably much more right now, but apart from that the build looks good enough to me.

I just need a good enough Cuda compatible GPU for running some experiments and at least 6GB of VRAM. This was fitting into my budget as well as my needs to I picked it. Apart from that I never really knew what the GPU prices in India are supposed to be.

3 minutes ago, GuyPhy4 said:

I just need a good enough Cuda compatible GPU for running some experiments and at least 6GB of VRAM. This was fitting into my budget as well as my needs to I picked it. Apart from that I never really knew what the GPU prices in India are supposed to be.

Okay then, you're good to go!!

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂