3070 Fans Making Whiny/Drone Noise?

Areyn13

So i've had my Galax 3070 SG since launch and while the card itself performs great in terms of fps/temps, the fan noise is a bit distracting? airflow sound is of course to be expected and i've never had an issue with that, but there's a certain sound my card makes that kind of bugs me a little? whenever the fan curve rises, an audible drone/whine is heard as well as a slight scrachiness/rattle? I have mine set to 50-60% when under load, any higher and it will sound like a jet but any lower is less than ideal for adequate cooling. I'll attach a video of audio i took, please let me know if anyone notices it and if something can be done? the card is a 3x92m fan design

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

Yeah,  are you sure it's the fans?  Can you run heaven benchmark unlocked (no vsync) max settings and see if anything about the sound changes?  Cause that sounds pretty much like coilwhine from the description. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah,  are you sure it's the fans?  Can you run heaven benchmark unlocked (no vsync) max settings and see if anything about the sound changes?  Cause that sounds pretty much like coilwhine from the description. 

It's not coil whine, i had no gpu workload running in the video, i just adjusted the fans in msi afterburner

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

12 minutes ago, Areyn13 said:

It's not coil whine, i had no gpu workload running in the video, i just adjusted the fans in msi afterburner

I didn't see there was a video...  well,  that sounds like a drag race or a helicopter,  i have no idea how a gpu could make such noise  🤔 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Ok, i think it sounds like a fan or several are hitting something,  have you checked that?  Like maybe the fans are misaligned or something.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

52 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok, i think it sounds like a fan or several are hitting something,  have you checked that?  Like maybe the fans are misaligned or something.

So i took the card out to see if maybe any fan/rgb cables routed in the card itself might be rubbing up against any of the fans? but it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong there, also there's nothing else in my system interfering with the fans either so i don't really know 😕 i think it might just be the fan bearings themselves