Video lags while playing games on other monitor.

panduko

So I will try and give as much details as possible, if any further info is needed I will try and provide it but I am just lost at this point. I got my new pc about a week ago with the following specs:

MSI mag b550 tomahawk
AMD 5900x,
RTX 3080, ,
32gb 3600mh ram,
2tb Samsung 970 Evo SSD
Corsair h115i RGB Platinum
NZXT h510 elite
Windows 10
2 x AOC q27g2u/bk monitors

I have ran into multiple issues so far which I have fixed myself as the customer support from the pc building company barely helped with anything. The only main issue that remains is this: When I'm playing a game (GTAV, FiveM, Valorant, League of Legends, etc...) and watching a video, livestream, movie or TVShow (Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Disney+, everything) on my other monitor, the video or stream I am watching will lag a lot. However audio seems to be fine. The one thing I noticed was that if I play FiveM I get a few stutters which are in sync with the stutters on the video. I have the same refreshrate on both monitors (144hz), I have tried turning gsync off and on, vsync on and off, fullscreen, fullscreen borderless, nothing has worked. If anyone can help me find a solution I will thank you forever.

For GSYNC and VSync I tried turning both on off neither fixed anything. I recently got new internet which is around 350 down and 30 up however I did notice on OperaGX (I also tried chrome, firefox didn't fix) there is the option to see bandwith for internet speed and whenever I tab in the game, the video/stream goes to 0kbs for some reason. Watching the stream or video by itself is fine easily 1080p, 1440p etc however the second I tab in the game it goes to 0kbs. I don't know how I would fix that though. However this issue did not occur with my old PC which was a GTX 1080 + I7-6700k with the same internet. I have tried turning off hardware acceleration, no help.

Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Windows 10 (currently version 20H2). You can check this by running winver.exe from the run box (Windows Key + R). Also, ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. The reason for this is that newer versions of Windows 10 and graphics drivers from AMD and Nvidia include support for WDDM 2.7 which is supposed to make multi-monitor setups work smoother.

You can check if you are using WDDM 2.7 by running dxdiag.exe in the run box (Windows Key + R).

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Turn Hardware acceleration off in your browser, update Windows and all your graphics drivers. 

Windows has always had a hard time with their frame synchronizations (though it has gotten better over the years) off of the same GPU so alternatively you can try running the second monitor off integrated graphics if you're already fully updated. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Windows 10 (currently version 20H2). You can check this by running winver.exe from the run box (Windows Key + R). Also, ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. The reason for this is that newer versions of Windows 10 and graphics drivers from AMD and Nvidia include support for WDDM 2.7 which is supposed to make multi-monitor setups work smoother.

You can check if you are using WDDM 2.7 by running dxdiag.exe in the run box (Windows Key + R).

My Windows version says its 21H1 without any updates available. Nvidia Drivers are currently on 466.11 and I don't know how to check AMD drivers. Also Monitor is indeed on WDDM 2.7.

2 minutes ago, Jobbe03 said:

Turn Hardware acceleration off in your browser, update Windows and all your graphics drivers. 

Windows has always had a hard time with their frame synchronizations (though it has gotten better over the years) off of the same GPU so alternatively you can try running the second monitor off integrated graphics if you're already fully updated. 

1) I tried didn't fix. 2) Done still a problem. 3) AMD 5900x doesn't have integrated graphics unless that's not what you are talking about