Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gigabyte X470 gaming ultra won’t boot :(

So, this is a slightly weird story, but at one point I was running a ryzen 7 3700x in this motherboard but then I put that into a separate pc and put a ryzen 7 1700 back into it and now it won’t post, my biggest idea is that it still has the upgraded bios used for the 3700x so I put the 3700x back into it and it still won’t post, I can’t get a post and there is nothing I can think of doing, the mobo LEDS flash from cpu to DRAM and stays on dram and flickers back to cpu for a second and then repeats 

5 minutes ago, Satorukuskabee said:

So, this is a slightly weird story, but at one point I was running a ryzen 7 3700x in this motherboard but then I put that into a separate pc and put a ryzen 7 1700 back into it and now it won’t post, my biggest idea is that it still has the upgraded bios used for the 3700x so I put the 3700x back into it and it still won’t post, I can’t get a post and there is nothing I can think of doing, the mobo LEDS flash from cpu to DRAM and stays on dram and flickers back to cpu for a second and then repeats 

If the DRAM LED is on then that indicates an issue with the system memory. Is the processor the only thing that you changed or did you also replace the memory?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

32 minutes ago, Satorukuskabee said:

Dont know about the DRAM LED, But your Bios could be a reason it wont post due to changing from a newer cpu to an outdated cpu

1 hour ago, Analog said:

If the DRAM LED is on then that indicates an issue with the system memory. Is the processor the only thing that you changed or did you also replace the memory?

It went down to 16GB I mean I have the other 16 gb I can try to put in 

1 hour ago, DayIshome said:

Dont know about the DRAM LED, But your Bios could be a reason it wont post due to changing from a newer cpu to an outdated cpu

I put the 3700x back in but it still won’t post 

12 minutes ago, Satorukuskabee said:

It went down to 16GB I mean I have the other 16 gb I can try to put in 

Yes, do try with that. Put in the kit that was originally in there and see if it will boot up. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 hour ago, Analog said:

Yes, do try with that. Put in the kit that was originally in there and see if it will boot up. 

I tried but there is no difference 

Also there is fresh HDD and SSD so there is no data on this PC either