DOCP Increases my temps by a lot.

I just changed my case using all the same components and everything is working dandy, but figured I'd try cinebench to see what my CPU temps are. With BIOS completely default it only hit 60C, with around 800-900 RPM fan speed. I then went to BIOS and enabled DOCP-1 and the temps immediately went to 73-75C, with 1200 RPM (which is max for my fuma 2 cooler). Does anyone know why this happens? Before I changed case I had DOCP on & I only hit around 63C, with the cooler at 800-900 RPM. Let me know if you need more specs than these:

CPU: 5600x

MB: MSI B550-A PRO

RAM: Corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz c16

CPU cooler: Scythe fuma 2

New case has poor airflow?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

New case has poor airflow?

Quite the opposite, I had the fractal design define c before, but now I have the be quiet pure base 500dx. And it's only with XMP/DOCP turned on that the temps are wack.

If the case was the only thing that you changed, I would agree with @Kilrah that probably your new case has poor or unoptimized airflow. Which chassis did you have before and with which do you upgrade with? 

2 minutes ago, LethoX said:

Quite the opposite, I had the fractal design define c before, but now I have the be quiet pure base 500dx. And it's only with XMP/DOCP turned on that the temps are wack.

Edit: 

Just saw your latest post. are you using the 500DX with its out of the box fan config? Also which graphics card do you have?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

2 minutes ago, Analog said:

If the case was the only thing that you changed, I would agree with @Kilrah that probably your new case has poor or unoptimized airflow. Which chassis did you have before and with which do you upgrade with? 

Edit: 

Just saw your latest post. are you using the 500DX with its out of the box fan config? Also which graphics card do you have?

I put the top fan to the front, so it's 2x front as intake & 1 at the back as exhaust, my GPU is a EVGA 1080 SC.

1 minute ago, LethoX said:

I put the top fan to the front, so it's 2x front as intake & 1 at the back as exhaust, my GPU is a EVGA 1080 SC.

Airflow should be better then, especially compared to your older case. Two things come to mind. Firstly, the fans in the 500DX are probably silence optimized and not moving nearly as much air as those in the Define case. Second thing is, if you handled the motherboard by the CPU cooler when doing the transferring of the parts the CPU cooler mount could have somehow lost contact pressure. You can try repasting the processor and see how it goes. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

Airflow should be better then, especially compared to your older case. Two things come to mind. Firstly, the fans in the 500DX are probably silence optimized and not moving nearly as much air as those in the Define case. Second thing is, if you handled the motherboard by the CPU cooler when doing the transferring of the parts the CPU cooler mount could have somehow lost contact pressure. You can try repasting the processor and see how it goes. 

I reinstalled the cpu cooler when I swapped the cases. I don't think it's a problem with airflow and such, because it's only with XMP on that it behaves weird. I took a BIOS default test with the both the old case and the new case, the new case was better when both BIOS was stock. So it's only with XMP it acts weird.

30 minutes ago, LethoX said:

I just changed my case using all the same components and everything is working dandy, but figured I'd try cinebench to see what my CPU temps are. With BIOS completely default it only hit 60C, with around 800-900 RPM fan speed. I then went to BIOS and enabled DOCP-1 and the temps immediately went to 73-75C, with 1200 RPM (which is max for my fuma 2 cooler). Does anyone know why this happens? Before I changed case I had DOCP on & I only hit around 63C, with the cooler at 800-900 RPM. Let me know if you need more specs than these:

CPU: 5600x

MB: MSI B550-A PRO

RAM: Corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz c16

CPU cooler: Scythe fuma 2

I don't know why it's hotter with xmp enabled. Maybe the memory controller is heating up?

What I will say though is that the temps you are getting for a 5600x are pretty good. Even up in the 70s. The 5600x is known to hit the 90s on good coolers. So dont worry too much about the temp increase. It's not high enough up to do any damage.

2 hours ago, Digideath said:

I don't know why it's hotter with xmp enabled. Maybe the memory controller is heating up?

What I will say though is that the temps you are getting for a 5600x are pretty good. Even up in the 70s. The 5600x is known to hit the 90s on good coolers. So dont worry too much about the temp increase. It's not high enough up to do any damage.

I realize, but the ~15c increase makes it so much louder too which is what I'm most annoyed by. Guess I'll have to try undervolting or something, even though I'm clueless how to do it.

For some odd reason it works fine now, XMP is enabled and it's only at 60c after a test. I don't know what I did, but I'm just happy it works now lol.