Is dell xps 13 9350 still worth it?

First of all, I own a sort of decent pc with R5 2600 and Vega 56 - so it wouldn't be for games at all.

I've been thinking about buying a laptop for a while now, just for school - ms office, teams, some programming and that would be it. I live in Europe and getting a good deal on some light, well built and sort of powerful laptop in 500USD range is really hard. So I found this used dell xps 13 9350 with I7 6600U, 8GB ram, 256GB ssd and new battery for around 500USD. For that price I can just get some crappy laptops with Pentiums and Athlons at best (NEW).

In that case, as long as the seller is reputable, it seems like a good deal, especially as it has a new battery and it'll only be used for light tasks. I'd rather a slightly outdated i7 than a Pentium or Athlon.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

6 minutes ago, FlagM8 said:

First of all, I own a sort of decent pc with R5 2600 and Vega 56 - so it wouldn't be for games at all.

I've been thinking about buying a laptop for a while now, just for school - ms office, teams, some programming and that would be it. I live in Europe and getting a good deal on some light, well built and sort of powerful laptop in 500USD range is really hard. So I found this used dell xps 13 9350 with I7 6600U, 8GB ram, 256GB ssd and new battery for around 500USD. For that price I can just get some crappy laptops with Pentiums and Athlons at best (NEW).

Probably not.

13" laptops have a life-span of about 2 years, and U chips are phenomenally underpowered. Assuming you can get one with a working battery for cheap (like in the under $1000 price tag), it might hold you over, but if you want something that at least has the possibility of gaming or doing any productive work, get a 15" laptop. 12/13/14" laptops are entirely for travel, not for work. Most people who get away with them for work, are doing entirely email/office suite stuff, not data entry, not programming, not engineering.

I'd probably suggest the latitude 7490 or better at least they have a quadcore 8th gen cpu, and most would still have a year of warranty on them still.

Like there are two people at the office that have these and they are basically unusable after one employee. They're just fragile things.

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv