Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the DRP4 air-cooler for oc users?

I want to buy this air-cooler but someone said that it's for oc and I wasn't sure and I don't want/know to oc much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All aftermarket/custom coolers are technically for OC, if you think of it. Even if you dont overclock, the benefit of aftermarket cooler for quietness and cooler CPU (and thus better lifespan) is still going to be there for you as long as your aftermarket cooler can perform better than your stock cooler.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

 

I don't work at Dell, i just love semi formal English.

Self Introduction and Current Rig

 

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Link to post
Share on other sites

the dark rock pro 4 is a great cooler just make sure it fit your case and the your ram does hit it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

the dark rock pro 4 is a great cooler just make sure it fit your case and the your ram does hit it

Yeah, I believe it fits, I'm using G. Skill trident z non rgb in a nzxt h510i

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

what cpu?

I'm going with R7 3700x. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dawon said:

I'm going with R7 3700x. 

that cpu cooler is a bit over kill for the CPU. also the case will hinder any CPU cooler you are using. even the stock cooler will perform much better with a case that has better airflow.  plus ocing your chip will yield minimal results unless it being used for long productivity loads.

 

I'd recommend a new case before a cooler upgrade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

that cpu cooler is a bit over kill for the CPU. also the case will hinder any CPU cooler you are using. even the stock cooler will perform much better with a case that has better airflow.  plus ocing your chip will yield minimal results unless it being used for long productivity loads.

 

I'd recommend a new case before a cooler upgrade. 

Will the temps of the cpu go higher even if I use that air-cooler on the case? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dawon said:

Will the temps of the cpu go higher even if I use that air-cooler on the case? 

which that cooler are we talking about ? stock or drp4. the dro4  will still be better but only a little bit but should but much quieter. the stock one will get the done. personally I wouldn't spend the money on a drp4 the are plenty of cooler that will do just as good for a much cheaper price. 

the cheapest being 

gammax 400 v2

moving up

mugen 5

fuma 2

then 

99% of cooler from thermalright 

mugen 5 would be a wiser choice. 

 

no matter what way you go a change in cases is smart

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

which that cooler are we talking about ? stock or drp4. the dro4  will still be better but only a little bit but should but much quieter. the stock one will get the done. personally I wouldn't spend the money on a drp4 the are plenty of cooler that will do just as good for a much cheaper price. 

the cheapest being 

gammax 400 v2

moving up

mugen 5

fuma 2

then 

99% of cooler from thermalright 

mugen 5 would be a wiser choice. 

 

no matter what way you go a change in cases is smart

Yeah the drp4, I found out some other guy had almost the same case as me but the nzxt h500(almost similar case as mine), his case max clearance is 165mm while the air cooler is 163mm(162.8) but maybe i will change case or buy other air cooler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×