motherboard choosing issue

hello. here is my past experience with crypto mining: 

wanted to mine with 3x 3090 with asrock h110 pro btc+.

mining with 1 was fine, 2 was fine, at 3rd the system did not power up. 

after a few days of searching on google i figured out how to fix the issue: i think that my mobo couldn.t deliver enough power to the PCIE connectors so i was needed to plug in 2 molex connectors in the mobo slots, as in the picture attacted. 

sold 2x 3090, now i.m rocking 1 3090 and 5 3060. 

question time!

if i.m to run more than 2 gpus, am I needed to find a mobo with extra molex or pci inputs to deliver to it more power in order to run that many gpus?

Screenshot_20210418-092915_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, vladNMP said:

hello. here is my past experience with crypto mining: 

wanted to mine with 3x 3090 with asrock h110 pro btc+.

mining with 1 was fine, 2 was fine, at 3rd the system did not power up. 

after a few days of searching on google i figured out how to fix the issue: i think that my mobo couldn.t deliver enough power to the PCIE connectors so i was needed to plug in 2 molex connectors in the mobo slots, as in the picture attacted. 

sold 2x 3090, now i.m rocking 1 3090 and 5 3060. 

question time!

if i.m to run more than 2 gpus, am I needed to find a mobo with extra molex or pci inputs to deliver to it more power in order to run that many gpus?

Screenshot_20210418-092915_Chrome.jpg

It isn't always necessary, it is really dependent on your setup. This folding rig for example doesn't use a special motherboard and doesn't have any extra motherboard power. Often times you can get PCIE to PCIE risers that have extra power right on them to help prevent this problem. You may not have any problems with the 3060s because they'll pull less power. Hard to know without just trying it out

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050