I very stupidly pressed the flash bios button multiple times...

I'm very new to pc building and this forum, so sorry if I broke any rules for posting I just need help. I've binged watched a bunch of youtube videos for the past two weeks to learn how to build a pc and I attempted to test my parts (cpu, ram, etc.)

I have no graphics card, which makes me even more stupid for deciding to build a pc now. I honestly don't know what I was thinking I saw the flash bios button and I was like maybe it turns on mobo? I just kept pressing it after that too 💀. Idk y i thought it was the power button.

I figured out how to turn it on and decided to just build my pc without the gpu and the ez debug thing flashed white for the cpu (that's normal right) for a little and then it switched over to VGA. Probably because I have no graphics card. Everything seemed to be running fine. Should I be concerned? Sorry this is so long.

also does anyone know what this piece I circled in blue is because i think i broke it...

btw this is the msi b550 a pro. I didn't know where to hold, so I thought it was a good idea to hold it from there...

Screenshot_20210417-224936.jpg

It is normal for a vga light to be on without a gpu.
Unless you pressed the flash bios button with a USB in your fine.
The thing circled in blue is the chipset heatsink, I doubt you broke it in any meaningful way.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I think you're in good shape. The flash BIOS button won't do anything without a BIOS to flash aside from perhaps resetting CMOS, which is not a big deal at all. If you accidentally yanked the heatsink off your chipset, you're again in luck. Just snap it back into place (gently) and you're good.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

31 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It is normal for a vga light to be on without a gpu.
Unless you pressed the flash bios button with a USB in your fine.
The thing circled in blue is the chipset heatsink, I doubt you broke it in any meaningful way.

Okay, that's good to hear. Thank you so much. I've had to take apart my pc a few times already, so I'm glad to hear that I didn't destroy my mobo

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I think you're in good shape. The flash BIOS button won't do anything without a BIOS to flash aside from perhaps resetting CMOS, which is not a big deal at all. If you accidentally yanked the heatsink off your chipset, you're again in luck. Just snap it back into place (gently) and you're good.

Thanks for clarifying. I just googled what happens when you press the flash bios and they made a little panicky. Hopefully I can get a temporary gpu soon and see if i can figure out how to post it