Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My PC keeps crashing in the match

I just recently upgraded to a 6800xt Asus and I've noticed that when I play a match of Hunt Showdown my whole pc just shuts off and turns back on. I'd say its a coinflip if I'm able to go through the whole match without my whole pc restarting. I also had a 1070 TI previously and followed the steps to uninstalling the drivers completely (DDU) and I even uninstalled AMD and reinstalled drivers. When I had my 1070ti my whole PC worked just fine through the 2 years. When my whole PC crashes I made sure my CPU or my GPU wasn't overheating, temps were 40-50 C. Also I would leave my PC on to mine while I go to sleep and when I wake up, my miner would still be going and other games like Valorant and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds would work just fine. I've also let Hunt Showdown run for a hour sitting at the menu and it isn't crashing.  

Specs: 

I7-8700k

RX 6800xt Asus ROG 

32GB DDR4 2400 MHZ

MSI Z-370 SLI PLUS

Thermaltake 850w fully modular Gold+

1TB 980 Pro m.2

2TB 860 EVO SSD

32 minutes ago, Hukivi said:

I just recently upgraded to a 6800xt Asus and I've noticed that when I play a match of Hunt Showdown my whole pc just shuts off and turns back on. I'd say its a coinflip if I'm able to go through the whole match without my whole pc restarting. I also had a 1070 TI previously and followed the steps to uninstalling the drivers completely (DDU) and I even uninstalled AMD and reinstalled drivers. When I had my 1070ti my whole PC worked just fine through the 2 years. When my whole PC crashes I made sure my CPU or my GPU wasn't overheating, temps were 40-50 C. Also I would leave my PC on to mine while I go to sleep and when I wake up, my miner would still be going and other games like Valorant and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds would work just fine. I've also let Hunt Showdown run for a hour sitting at the menu and it isn't crashing.  

Specs: 

I7-8700k

RX 6800xt Asus ROG 

32GB DDR4 2400 MHZ

MSI Z-370 SLI PLUS

Thermaltake 850w fully modular Gold+

1TB 980 Pro m.2

2TB 860 EVO SSD

afaik,

1) check the wall plug/socket using 3-Pin Socket Tester. (something like this  https://www.amazon.com/Socket-Tester-Polarity-Electrical-Wiring/dp/B013WWKQV0  )

(yes this problem is quite real)

I think I found the problem. I was messing with the settings and decided to disable V-Sync and I've haven't crashed so I believe it is an issue with V-Sync and Radeon Software.