Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cant get 1440p 120hz to work on Series X

So I recently bought a gigabyte m27q to go with my series X and eventually a my pc when i can get a Graphics card. The problem I'm runinng into is that 1440p 120hz isnt a option in my console. Some videos I saw said to update the monitors firmware using the included USB 3.0 cord but I only currently have a "All in One" pc so there isnt any display ports. So without out the moniter being displayed the OSD software isnt picking it up to update can someone suggest more a work around because currently what I can do is downscaled 4k 60hz or 1080p 120hz. I'm super sorry if this didnt make sense I'm not very tech inclined lol. Thank for any help attempts.

6 minutes ago, Sharpsh00terkil said:

The problem I'm runinng into is that 1440p 120hz isnt a option in my console

Go to Settings > TV & Display Options. Select 120Hz from the Refresh rate drop down. You should get a prompt telling you that's it's not supported at 4K, and it will use the best resolution available. Agree. That should set it to 1440p.

you wont get the 1440p 120hz to work if i remember correctly you need a 2.1 hdmi on the monitor wont work with a 2.0 hdmi

9 minutes ago, keysbeast said:

you wont get the 1440p 120hz to work if i remember correctly you need a 2.1 hdmi on the monitor wont work with a 2.0 hdmi

That's for 4K@120Hz. 1440p is fine.