First PC build. 10900k VS 11900K CPU

Budget: €3000,-    -   €3500,-   (This is when I can get a normal priced GPU) a little bit over budget is okay but I'm trying to max it out at €3500,-

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Triple A Games in 4K with lots of FPS, some virtualization of servers and clients, streaming

Other details: For now I'm purely looking at the desktop itself and no peripherals. It is a entirely new build that I want to build as soon as I can get a MSRP GPU. This is my pcpartpicker list atm: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m926bh 

I have decided I want to go for an Intel CPU. I of course have build up a generous budget (for MSRP rates) which allows me to go and choose out of the best CPU's. I am doubting on if I should get the extra cores on the I910900K or for the I911900K with 8 cores but with PCIE gen 4 enabled. I know in the end both of them will preform great but I am really doubting on what I should get. This will be my first PC build that I make and with high end components. If some of you guys could give me an advice to make a definitive decision I would really appreciate it! Any other advice on the build is always welcome. I am sure I'm going to stick to Intel for CPU & NVIDIA for GPU.

Any amd option of the 5000 series would be the better pick. But between those 2 the 10900k. The 11900k is obejectively the worse cpu.

Both cpu's are not interesting. Look at 10850K or 11700K because, exept of 100 MHz clockspeed, thery're the same as 10900K and 11900K but much cheaper.

With a 10th gen cpu 980 Pro is useless because it's not supported. It should run at PCI-e3.0.

What is the decision to go Intel based on? AMD's 5000 series are objectively better CPUs. The only reason to go Intel right now is cost, which seems to be the furthest concern from your mind.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

8 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

What is the decision to go Intel based on? AMD's 5000 series are objectively better CPUs. The only reason to go Intel right now is cost, which seems to be the furthest concern from your mind.

Last time I heared Intel was the better option if you also want to do virtualization. I have heared people complain about that some things just didn't properly wanted to work with AMD on that front. iirc in a video from this or last year Linus had the same problem and had to switch to an Intel one in the vid. I rather pay more and have a good feeling that it will just work whatever I want to do then when i want to do it but it doesn't

What kind of cooling are you planning. 11900 is supposed to have significantly higher temps. For gaming I would stick with 10900. At 4K there will hardly be any difference between the 2.

6 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

What kind of cooling are you planning. 11900 is supposed to have significantly higher temps. For gaming I would stick with 10900.

I was planning on the Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK

1 hour ago, dilpickle said:

What kind of cooling are you planning. 11900 is supposed to have significantly higher temps. For gaming I would stick with 10900. At 4K there will hardly be any difference between the 2.

In Gaming temps are not an issue on either 10th or 11th gen. Only when stresstesting legit 100% CPU and cache will it reallt get too hot to worry about

Just Gaming, OC, Save and Enjoy.

There also isnt MUCH difference between 11th and 10th gen when GPU limited...

Youll likely be GPU bound in 99% of scenarios.

Where you see differences is in esports (lower details higher fps) where Latency matters most so squeezing latency out of the Intel systems is the only reason to get Intel.. AMD can still hit a fabric limitation in esport environments.

Beyond that small niche thing... much of a muchness for CPUs at Highend all make you GPU bound at respected/expected GPU settings.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

In games the 10th and 11th gen are close enough to each other to not make a noticeable difference.

But since you want to run some VMs on the machine, I'd take the 10th gen part for the extra cores.