Apple watch or Fitbit Versa 3 ?

Dequara

Hey, so my girlfriend was looking for a smartwatch. Mostly for fitness tracking so she narrowed it down to the fitbit versa. She's not that interested in apps and things like that in the watch. But it terms of fitness which one is better apple watch or versa? Also she has an iphone.

Any help would be nice🙂

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Depends if shes paying for it or not 😆

Yes, she is 

17 hours ago, Dequara said:

Hey, so my girlfriend was looking for a smartwatch. Mostly for fitness tracking so she narrowed it down to the fitbit versa. She's not that interested in apps and things like that in the watch. But it terms of fitness which one is better apple watch or versa? Also she has an iphone.

Any help would be nice🙂

Apple Watch — it's a fairly easy choice these days.

Fitbit has strong battery life and coaching, but that's kinda where the perks stop unless you're deep into Alexa or Google Assistant... and your girlfriend probably isn't big on Google as an iPhone user!

I've used the Apple Watch for workouts, including at gyms when those were still a thing. The core Workout app isn't particularly complicated, but it'll easily help you track active calorie burn, heart rate trends, that sort of thing. The watch is consistently precise with data, too. You can get third-party apps that cover gaps, which is an important consideration — with Fitbit you're more or less stuck if there's an activity type it doesn't cover.

The model your girlfriend gets will depend on her budget and ambitions. The Apple Watch SE is pretty good value if she doesn't mind the lack of an always-on display. If she does (or she really wants ECG and/or blood oxygen monitoring), Apple Watch Series 6... I have a Series 5 and I like seeing my workout data on my watch even when I don't flick my wrist. She might want to look at Nike versions of both the SE and Series 6 if she wants a more breathable strap or really likes the Nike watch faces.

Other tips: she'll almost certainly want a 40mm case (44mm is huge on a slender woman's wrist), the Sport Band and Sport Loop are the best bands for fitness outside of the Nike options, and she doesn't need cellular data unless she really wants to take calls or stream music while her iPhone is at home (you can store music for offline listening).