Few questions on upgrading my PC

MrDominik

Hi,
in early 2016 I built my PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mKNxqp.
I was playing a lot of CSGO (lets say semi pro) and i never had any issues with my fps going bellow 144 (because i have a 144hz moonitor) but this year i switched to valorant and recently my fps is going down in fights to about 100.
So I would like to upgrade (lets say i would be buying in 2 or 3 months) but I see that buying a new GPU is not worth with these prices so I would go with a new CPU and motherboard. The new build would look like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hm7Ggt.
But I have a few questions before i do anything.

1. Should I maybe wait for ryzen zen 4 and DDR5 or should I just gor for the upgrade?

2. Will I even get a FPS increase with this new upgrade or am I just waisting money and not getting performance out of it? (I was looking on YT and saw a guy get little under 400 fps in a valorant match with a 5600x and gtx 970 so I hope I would get at least a little under 300 fps)

3. Question about RAM. (I know its better 2x8 than 1x16 but it was a black friday deal). So I see a lot of people talking about ryzen scaling with ram, a lot of them have their ram on 3000, 3600, 4000mhz... As you can see mine is at 2133mhz so my question is will it even work with the CPU and motherboard and if it will, how much performance am I losing running a 2133 over a 3000 or more mhz ram?

4. As you can see on the new build i have few compatibility issues. a) Do I need to update the BIOS on this motherboard for the 5600x to work? b) Will the cooler fit on the new motherboard? c) Will the cooler fit in the case, max CPU cooler height for the case is 163mm and the CPU cooler height is 159mm but does motherboard and CPU height also matter?

5. My windows 10 is on my SSD, but I want fresh windows when I upgrade, so what is the best way to do it? Will my windows even work on the new components? (I dont really want to buy new windows if possible)

I think thats all the questions, I'm sorry for any writing errors and for the long post.
Any answer would be helpful, thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, MrDominik said:

Hi,
in early 2016 I built my PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mKNxqp.
I was playing a lot of CSGO (lets say semi pro) and i never had any issues with my fps going bellow 144 (because i have a 144hz moonitor) but this year i switched to valorant and recently my fps is going down in fights to about 100.
So I would like to upgrade (lets say i would be buying in 2 or 3 months) but I see that buying a new GPU is not worth with these prices so I would go with a new CPU and motherboard. The new build would look like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hm7Ggt.
But I have a few questions before i do anything.

1. Should I maybe wait for ryzen zen 4 and DDR5 or should I just gor for the upgrade?

2. Will I even get a FPS increase with this new upgrade or am I just waisting money and not getting performance out of it? (I was looking on YT and saw a guy get little under 400 fps in a valorant match with a 5600x and gtx 970 so I hope I would get at least a little under 300 fps)

3. Question about RAM. (I know its better 2x8 than 1x16 but it was a black friday deal). So I see a lot of people talking about ryzen scaling with ram, a lot of them have their ram on 3000, 3600, 4000mhz... As you can see mine is at 2133mhz so my question is will it even work with the CPU and motherboard and if it will, how much performance am I losing running a 2133 over a 3000 or more mhz ram?

4. As you can see on the new build i have few compatibility issues. a) Do I need to update the BIOS on this motherboard for the 5600x to work? b) Will the cooler fit on the new motherboard? c) Will the cooler fit in the case, max CPU cooler height for the case is 163mm and the CPU cooler height is 159mm but does motherboard and CPU height also matter?

5. My windows 10 is on my SSD, but I want fresh windows when I upgrade, so what is the best way to do it? Will my windows even work on the new components? (I dont really want to buy new windows if possible)

I think thats all the questions, I'm sorry for any writing errors and for the long post.
Any answer would be helpful, thanks in advance!

You're RAM will be extremely detrimental to your system performance. Extremely.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

I think you are already losing quite a lot of performance due to your existing ram. Switching to a 2x8 kit of 3000+ ram and leaving everything else the same in your current system should increase your fps by at least 20%

On 4/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, boggy77 said:

I think you are already losing quite a lot of performance due to your existing ram. Switching to a 2x8 kit of 3000+ ram and leaving everything else the same in your current system should increase your fps by at least 20%

So my motherboard is Asus z170 pro gaming, and in the manual it has a list of supported rams. I would change my ram for Kingston 16 GB Kit(2x 8GB) 3200MHz, DDR4 HX Fury, CL16, HX432C16FB3K2/16, but it isn't on the list of supported rams. Do you think this ram would work on my mobo?

6 minutes ago, MrDominik said:

So my motherboard is Asus z170 pro gaming, and in the manual it has a list of supported rams. I would change my ram for Kingston 16 GB Kit(2x 8GB) 3200MHz, DDR4 HX Fury, CL16, HX432C16FB3K2/16, but it isn't on the list of supported rams. Do you think this ram would work on my mobo?

if it's not on the supported ram list, it means they haven't tested the motherboard with that particular ram.

there is no reason it won't work, it's just not guaranteed by the motherboard manufacturer.