Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so i started mining Ethereum today using my RX 580 8GB NOT OC and my mining rate is constantly 6.85ish. is this normal? And If not, how can I improve it?

 

I'm using lol miner btw

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhatNot98 said:

Ok, so i started mining Ethereum today using my RX 580 8GB NOT OC and my mining rate is constantly 6.85ish. is this normal? And If not, how can I improve it?

 

I'm using lol miner btw

Thanks

 That is  a little low, according to minerstat. https://minerstat.com/hardware/amd-rx-580

 

Ethereum is dependent on memory speed for performance.

Current Build

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

 That is  a little low, according to minerstat. https://minerstat.com/hardware/amd-rx-580

 

Ethereum is dependent on memory speed for performance.

Thank you for the reply. My RAM is absolutely pathetic. 2400mhz 12gb (single channel)

If i was to upgrade to 16gb would I see a significant improvement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhatNot98 said:

Thank you for the reply. My RAM is absolutely pathetic. 2400mhz 12gb (single channel)

If i was to upgrade to 16gb would I see a significant improvement?

Not system RAM, VRAM. Easiest would be to try a different miner to see if it's the card or the miner. After that, I have read that AMD cards can/need to be set in "compute mode" for more performance (I don't use AMD cards, so I can't say from experience).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's video RAM that matters, not system RAM. 

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tikker said:

Not system RAM, VRAM. Easiest would be to try a different miner to see if it's the card or the miner. After that, I have read that AMD cards can/need to be set in "compute mode" for more performance (I don't use AMD cards, so I can't say from experience).

Thanks for the help. Set my graphics card to 'compute mode' and over clocked it. Getting 24-31mh/s now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×