Good headphones in 2021

xdPepi

Hello so im looking for new headphones who are around 50 to 80 . Thanks

These are quite good and currently £85 on amazon, they're wireless and have a decent amount of features - Here

1 hour ago, PufftI said:

These are quite good and currently £85 on amazon, they're wireless and have a decent amount of features - Here

These are not good. I've had the model over that but wired and they sound horrible, they are muddy, no details whatsoever. Plastic construction and just overall bad mic. The features means nothing with their "DTS 7.1 surround sound headphone: X" Or whatever their marketing BS is does not mean they are good. However the ones @Aereldorrecommended are perfect and sound great at the price. If you have a bad motherboard realtek DAC you should take a look at the Cooler Master MH752's since they come with a little dongle that is a DAC and bypasses realteks' chips.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

These are not good. I've had the model over that but wired and they sound horrible, they are muddy, no details whatsoever. Plastic construction and just overall bad mic. The features means nothing with their "DTS 7.1 surround sound headphone: X" Or whatever their marketing BS is does not mean they are good. However the ones @Aereldorrecommended are perfect and sound great at the price. If you have a bad motherboard realtek DAC you should take a look at the Cooler Master MH752's since they come with a little dongle that is a DAC and bypasses realteks' chips.

Ahh fair enough, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info lol 

3 hours ago, PufftI said:

Those are not good at all. Logitech makes great controllers, joysticks, mice, and keyboards, but audio they do not. Those sound like headphones passed around in an airline that's about to go out of business, built into a pair of construction earmuffs the foreman gives to workers he doesn't like, and given a paint job by a toddler who plays too much fortnite. Please don't recommend these for the love of god.

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

I'm kinda wary about shitting on motherboard realtek DACs - my alienware, old B85 motherboard, and newer H310 motherboard all have 'shitty' realtek HD audio, which sounds really good and clean. The one in my alienware drives my headphones better than the dedicated headphone amp inside my tascam US-1800. Not to mention, these are 32 Ohm headphones. You could drive them off an ipod shuffle.

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Those are not good at all. Logitech makes great controllers, joysticks, mice, and keyboards, but audio they do not. Those sound like headphones passed around in an airline that's about to go out of business, built into a pair of construction earmuffs the foreman gives to workers he doesn't like, and given a paint job by a toddler who plays too much fortnite. Please don't recommend these for the love of god.

I'm kinda wary about shitting on motherboard realtek DACs - my alienware, old B85 motherboard, and newer H310 motherboard all have 'shitty' realtek HD audio, which sounds really good and clean. The one in my alienware drives my headphones better than the dedicated headphone amp inside my tascam US-1800. Not to mention, these are 32 Ohm headphones. You could drive them off an ipod shuffle.

The inconsistency is what is shitty.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

13 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Hahaha nice.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

If you can stretch the budget to the fidelio x2hr ... you won't be disappointed ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Fidelio X2HR or get disappointed.

Jk lol (or maybe not 😛). The X2HR is great for any music genre, movies and gaming.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280