Battery powering psu powering pc

Itsmemelord59

Im currently trying to build a battery powered portable pc but i know ill need the cables from the psu to power the components so im thinking of using the psu like a power hub. The thing im having trouble with is finding a good battery, charger for it and a way of plugging the battery into the psu which i was thinking of getting a mini power strip and plugging the psu into that. I need about 400 watts all up. any ideas?

Im also going to use this for school and stuff so maybe one that will last a few hours?

2 minutes ago, Itsmemelord59 said:

Im currently trying to build a battery powered portable pc

You better off with building a normal PC and bring an Uninterruptible Power Supply, or battery generators with a wall plug.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Itsmemelord59 said:

Im currently trying to build a battery powered portable pc

A laptop would make things a lot easier. It's exactly what laptops are for. Is there a reason you don't want to use a laptop?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

A laptop would make things a lot easier. It's exactly what laptops are for. Is there a reason you don't want to use a laptop?

Linus has videos recommending then. Go check them out

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Heres one that can reportedly output 400 watts for over an hour.

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Smart-UPS-X-3000VA-Rack-Tower-LCD-100-127V/P-SMX3000RMLV2U

For $1800. And it weighs 100 pounds, probably more than any desktop computer, so you'll get a good workout in.

You can search for any of their UPSs by battery size and wattage here

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/tools/ups_selector/home/load

On 4/17/2021 at 9:37 AM, Itsmemelord59 said:

Im currently trying to build a battery powered portable pc but i know ill need the cables from the psu to power the components so im thinking of using the psu like a power hub. The thing im having trouble with is finding a good battery, charger for it and a way of plugging the battery into the psu which i was thinking of getting a mini power strip and plugging the psu into that. I need about 400 watts all up. any ideas?

Car battery and something like that
https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Power-Inverter-Adapter-Charging/dp/B00UFERZKO

The bigger battery the longer it will work. Regular battery is around 15 - 25 kg