Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scammers on the comment section?

Didn't read the ToS but felt like this should be posted somewhere, on the last TechLinked some guy/bot is replying obviously for a scam but I fear someone's going to fall for it.

image.png.447d6219ff057737777a4a9fadc33e32.png

Report the comments to YouTube. This happens on every popular YouTube account. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I also got one like this on my comment on the Mine Crypto Before its too late video. The comment was shown as from the channel itself

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me i'll only leave the thread after finding the answer. I'm a programmer and cyber security expert so I can also be summoned to help in any Coding Projects and to help if you're hacked .

haha, you should know no one polices the YT comments...

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I reported the comment and gave a dislike and a no scammer allowed reply

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me i'll only leave the thread after finding the answer. I'm a programmer and cyber security expert so I can also be summoned to help in any Coding Projects and to help if you're hacked .

I'm just calling the attention for this because after I received  this replay, I scrolled through the comments and every other comment had the same reply. My worry is that someone is going to fall for it.

1 minute ago, Rito Po said:

I'm just calling the attention for this because after I received  this replay, I scrolled through the comments and every other comment had the same reply. My worry is that someone is going to fall for it.

Yeah. I almost fell for the one n Mine crypto video, he gave me phone number too.

19 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

I also got one like this on my comment on the Mine Crypto Before its too late video. The comment was shown as from the channel itself

You can tell if its legit or not. All of LTTs channels will have a Check Mark next to there names. So if it does NOT have a check mark, its fake.

Example: image.png.6b4fb4dd03428c58776e3d228d88d24c.png

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You can tell if its legit or not. All of LTTs channels will have a Check Mark next to there names. So if it does NOT have a check mark, its fake.

Example: image.png.6b4fb4dd03428c58776e3d228d88d24c.png

Yeah , I read about it somewhere on how to find scammers on comment section,

5 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

I reported the comment and gave a dislike and a no scammer allowed reply

Engagement, especially replying to the comment, will make the youtube algorithm give it more exposure. Just report the comment and leave it alone.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, Rito Po said:

This has been issue with Youtube for years now. The checkmark system for verification is among the ways youtube is combating the issue. But really as long as they allow anyone to choose same display name with another account, the issue will remain.

Like 5 years ago the racists/harassing spam was the bigger issue, and I think also the reason why comment section was changed to show more visibility to those comments with more like/replies than those posted first by bots.

So in short, like with any spam, report and ignore is the best way to go about it. And to question any time someone famous or someone you you are fan of acknowledge you like that. Unless they do it live on stream. You are part of the mass.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv