I have an intel i5-3470 and im looking for the best GPU combo

Vokszo

I think that the best card that i can get for my budget of £250 is an rx 570 or below but. I'm looking for the best combo for my budget. If you have any ideas please tell me!

Thanks!

id say look for an gtx 1060 3gb or 6gb second hand the first option is what i have and i got it for 100 euros which is more expensive then 100 dollars so maybe look into that

Hi, my rig is from around 2010, 2012 ... my setup:

intel i5 3750K @4000Mhz

cooling Thermalright Macho X2, two fan variant

ram 2- 8Gig, 2- 4Gig @1366Mhz

Mainboard B75 ASRock Pro 3

I had an SAPPHIRE Nitro AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB, but it burned ... I could Play like GTA5 on max settings (not full max, but some little tweaks) on 1080p, 60 FPS

i had for testing reason an Amd Rx 5700 ... BL3 couldent fill/utilze full cpu usage, but was close, so you can play alot of stuff with that setup ...

i am not sure about CSGO and framerates, never tested that but problems with this old setup are physics oriented games like Beam-NG, Stormworks, Starbaound (Frackin Universe Mod) or like Rimworld (with a ton of mods), Minecraft with a lot of Redstone things close or like Cities Skylines with a few mods ...

i have now borrowed a Nvidia GT750Ti and cant get like steady 60 Fps in BL3. i have to reduce the the graphic scaling to 75%

nice to know, i love the watmann AMD User Interface thing, you can lock FPS on not so good optimesed games like Ark or that Pirate thing, what actualy is a reskin of Ark, but it slows your computer sometime preaty hard

i havent installed windows on a ssd yet, becouse i want to build a new one, but right now, yeah ... no way i am buying stuff

so i would say, buy smthng around my AMD RX 480 or equivalent new stuff, an AMD RX 580 is just a new RX 480 with a bigger cooler

the VRam chips or the power managment controlers (i am actualy not sure what these things were) on the Sapphire RX 480 arent cooled with the main cooler, doesent know if thats the case with the RX 580, one of them was broken ... dissesembled the card, afterseveral friends and me couldent run it anymore in several other pc´s

on german e-bay the SAPPHIRE Nitro AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB is about 125€, but i never would buy a used one

thanks for the help guys i really do appreciate it i think i might get either a gtx 1060 or rx 480

Thanks again also 1 more question. Which is better rx 480 or gtx 1060?

I think you can safely go up to a GTX 1660 SUPER or Ti, no real issues there. You'll see some bottleneck with a Ti maybe.

Go for a GTX 1650 SUPER or GTX 1660 if you can find one. Preferably one that doesn't require an additional power connector, but I know slim pickings right now. You may want to consider a serious upgrade in the next 6 months though.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

7 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

I think you can safely go up to a GTX 1660 SUPER or Ti, no real issues there. You'll see some bottleneck with a Ti maybe.

Go for a GTX 1650 SUPER or GTX 1660 if you can find one. Preferably one that doesn't require an additional power connector, but I know slim pickings right now. You may want to consider a serious upgrade in the next 6 months though.

Both the 1650 super and Gtx 1660 have a power connectors...

I think my best option now is gtx 1660ti so I,ll settle on that, thanks guys for all the help!