New Build Ryzen 5700x Build does not boot with ECC Ram

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum but I've been building PC for about ten years now.

I decided to build a new PC with ECC ram since the MOBO and CPU supports it and i saw other ppl doing it ont the forum

And since its a CAD pc i told myself that ECC is the way to go right? i've had RAM issues in the past and it's PITA.

Issue is, It's not booting with the RAM i got :(,

- I tested with regular ECC and it boots

- Got a Piezo speaker and tried to hear a code, It does not even post with the RAM

- Tried to boot with one stick Regular and one Stick ECC, Nope

I bought ram that is not on the QVL because i have to ship it from Honk Kong if i wanted the model on the QVL, i tought it was fine but looks like it might not be :/

At this point i'm thinking about returning and replacing it with regular ram but i wanted advice, or event if i did a mistake to learn what i did wrong selecting this part, Maybe i got the wrong sort of RAM.

Thanks!!

here is a list of the concerned parts.

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite - Latest Bios

Kingston 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model KSM32RS4/16MEI

Amd Ryzen 5 5800x

Hewlett-Packard Z0B14AT RADEON PRO WX 7100 8GB GRAPH SBY ( Had some issues with it, still have to do testing, Using a cheap card meanwhile )

I am no expert when it comes to RAM and especially ECC ram but rams you got are registered dimms and IIRC those are not supported on X570. ECC rams that are supported on Ryzen are unbuffered dimms. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, moise514 said:

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum but I've been building PC for about ten years now.

I decided to build a new PC with ECC ram since the MOBO and CPU supports it and i saw other ppl doing it ont the forum

And since its a CAD pc i told myself that ECC is the way to go right? i've had RAM issues in the past and it's PITA.

Issue is, It's not booting with the RAM i got :(,

- I tested with regular ECC and it boots

- Got a Piezo speaker and tried to hear a code, It does not even post with the RAM

- Tried to boot with one stick Regular and one Stick ECC, Nope

I bought ram that is not on the QVL because i have to ship it from Honk Kong if i wanted the model on the QVL, i tought it was fine but looks like it might not be 😕

At this point i'm thinking about returning and replacing it with regular ram but i wanted advice, or event if i did a mistake to learn what i did wrong selecting this part, Maybe i got the wrong sort of RAM.

Thanks!!

here is a list of the concerned parts.

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite - Latest Bios

Kingston 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model KSM32RS4/16MEI

Amd Ryzen 5 5800x

Hewlett-Packard Z0B14AT RADEON PRO WX 7100 8GB GRAPH SBY ( Had some issues with it, still have to do testing, Using a cheap card meanwhile )

You have the wrong type of ECC memory. You are trying to run so called buffered or registered ECC memory. Your processor and board only support un-registered or un-buffered ECC memory. There is a difference. The memory you bought only works in server motherboards (AMD Epyc, Intel Xeon). 

Wow man so quick guys Thanks so much.You guys are Awesome!

I should have know this but i'm ''New'' to the ECC side of the Equation, i've seldom built PC'S with it.

i'm going to ask for a replacement for unbuffered DIMMS 😄

Hopefully it don't have to post for my GPU later on 😛

GTG to work now, i will keep you posted of what i get and if it works, Hopefully we can all learn from my small mistake.

Kingston's KSM32RS4/16MEI is a 2G x 72-bit (16GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) registered w/ parity

Ryzen systems don't support registered ECC ram.

Return it and get a regular ram.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w