Best silent 60% mechanical keyboard?

PointFive
Go to solution Solved by PointFive,

Thanks for all the suggestions, will probably go for the ducky and mod it a bit using the suggestions, thanks!

Does such thing exist, that is not custom made? Haha. I am really loving my current mechanical keyboard, but because it is a full sized one, it takes up quite a bit of space. So I am in the market for a 60% one for my day to day typing.

Thanks in advanced!

32 minutes ago, PointFive said:

Does such thing exist, that is not custom made? Haha. I am really loving my current mechanical keyboard, but because it is a full sized one, it takes up quite a bit of space. So I am in the market for a 60% one for my day to day typing.

Thanks in advanced!

If your looking for silent linear switches. The Ducky One 2 mini comes in MX silent blacks/reds or kailh box silent pinks.

4 minutes ago, Neumann_Joe said:

If your looking for silent linear switches. The Ducky One 2 mini comes in MX silent blacks/reds or kailh box silent pinks.

Thanks for the suggestion!

44 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Lube your stabs also. A ratelly stabilizer will add more noise than any switch that isn't a clicky switch. 

Thanks for the input, might try this soon

for the best silent board, you're going to start heading into custom territory.  in the end I would look at the Ducky One2 (silent reds/yellows/silent blacks)- lube and clip the stabs - add foam/insulation between the case and pcb.

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

Check Anne pro 2, you can personalize to your taste and needs, also its wireless so it comes handy if you loads of systems.

get something with silent specific switches ... add some sound dampening material inside, clip, lube and "band aid" stabs and if you can lube the switches spring is they make noise and maybe film them ... get some thick double shot keycaps and you should be good to go ...

as for silent switches I have a bias toward the kailh silent box switches ... pink for linear and brown for tactile. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Thanks for all the suggestions, will probably go for the ducky and mod it a bit using the suggestions, thanks!