Random shutdown, followed by a red CMOS indicator light when powered on with an inability to boot for a few minutes

For a week or 2 now I have had an issue where my PC, at random, on rare occasions will randomly shut down and in 1 case, even powered itself on and off multiple times. But today, a larger issue occurred, during normal usage with nothing particularly intensive going on, my PC shutdown. Attempting to press any of power and restart buttons on the case yielded no result, the PC remained in a state of everything being powered off, except for a small red indicator light (not blinking or anything). I took off the side panel and began to take a look inside, from further inspection it appeared that the indicator light was actually a single light in an array of 4 lights labeled CMOS in a square formation with the one that had been powered on having the caption VGA (by now, I had unplugged power supply which caused the LED to turn off, so I cannot be 100% sure that it indicated VGA). Out of options, I plugged the power supply cable back into the power supply only for the PC to turn on, but this isn't exactly the end of the story. I immediately noticed that my BIOS had reset but before I could press delete to enter the BIOS configuration menu, I was met with a GRUB recovery screen (context, I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows, I mainly use Ubuntu but I do boot into Windows to play games) after rebooting again and entering my BIOS I was given a message that my BIOS has reset and checking the boot options it had become clear that 2 of my drives weren't being recognized. Luckily, my drive containing Windows was still recognized so I was able to boot into Windows and confirm that my other 2 drives were not recognized. (For some more context, I have 1 M.2 SSD, 1 SATA SSD and 1 SATA HDD, the sata drives were the undetected ones). That's everything i know, I was booted into Ubuntu during this time so even if there was a log, I wouldn't be able to get access to it (well now that I think about it, I may be able to if I REALLY need to by sticking the drive into an old laptop and live booting ubuntu so I can mount and look at the drive)

Edit: forgot to include this: I noticed my power supply fan isn't spinning, yeah, that was probably important to mention

IDK where to dump my specs, so I'll do it here

Ryzen 7 2700X

MSI GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS OC

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Motherboard)
PowerSpec 650W Power Supply (this may not be the right one)

32 GB of RAM

3 minutes ago, AhMyPowerSupplyIsBroken said:

For a week or 2 now I have had an issue where my PC, at random, on rare occasions will randomly shut down and in 1 case, even powered itself on and off multiple times. But today, a larger issue occurred, during normal usage with nothing particularly intensive going on, my PC shutdown. Attempting to press any of power and restart buttons on the case yielded no result, the PC remained in a state of everything being powered off, except for a small red indicator light (not blinking or anything). I took off the side panel and began to take a look inside, from further inspection it appeared that the indicator light was actually a single light in an array of 4 lights labeled CMOS in a square formation with the one that had been powered on having the caption VGA (by now, I had unplugged power supply which caused the LED to turn off, so I cannot be 100% sure that it indicated VGA). Out of options, I plugged the power supply cable back into the power supply only for the PC to turn on, but this isn't exactly the end of the story. I immediately noticed that my BIOS had reset but before I could press delete to enter the BIOS configuration menu, I was met with a GRUB recovery screen (context, I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows, I mainly use Ubuntu but I do boot into Windows to play games) after rebooting again and entering my BIOS I was given a message that my BIOS has reset and checking the boot options it had become clear that 2 of my drives weren't being recognized. Luckily, my drive containing Windows was still recognized so I was able to boot into Windows and confirm that my other 2 drives were not recognized. (For some more context, I have 1 M.2 SSD, 1 SATA SSD and 1 SATA HDD, the sata drives were the undetected ones). That's everything i know, I was booted into Ubuntu during this time so even if there was a log, I wouldn't be able to get access to it (well now that I think about it, I may be able to if I REALLY need to by sticking the drive into an old laptop and live booting ubuntu so I can mount and look at the drive)

Edit: forgot to include this: I noticed my power supply fan isn't spinning, yeah, that was probably important to mention

IDK where to dump my specs, so I'll do it here

Ryzen 7 2700X

MSI GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS OC

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Motherboard)
PowerSpec 650W Power Supply (this may not be the right one)

32 GB of RAM

does your psu have a silent mode? So that it automatically turns its fan off while being not to hot? Otherwise this sound a lot like, if the fan is just broken and the psu is overheating. Maybe try cooling it in a temporary way (point spinnings fans on it) and try booting then, to figure out if this really is the problem. (maybe the drives had no power?🤔)

4 hours ago, BigSmoke908 said:

does your psu have a silent mode? So that it automatically turns its fan off while being not to hot? Otherwise this sound a lot like, if the fan is just broken and the psu is overheating. Maybe try cooling it in a temporary way (point spinnings fans on it) and try booting then, to figure out if this really is the problem. (maybe the drives had no power?🤔)

After more trouble shooting and messing around I have discovered that my PSU fan is basically dead
it's in that state where it's stiff and can kinda turn if you push it with your finger, but way to stiff to actually work properly
My PSU does apparently have 5 years of parts and labor warranty, in an issue like this, can I just easily replace the fan

Also, I have no idea if my PSU is in silent mode, but considering my fan will move to the left a tiny bit then to the right a tiny bit in a way that makes it seem it is failing to start, I feel very confident that my fan is broken.

After opening up my PC again
it became clear that the cord for my SATA power connectors had become unplugged

but I would assume this happened after my PC shut off and I opened the case and began to look inside

So RN the main issue is that my PSU fan is not running
I entered the BIOS

and couldn't find anything related to PSU fan control other than something called AC Fan control or something which I set to always on

I set all of my fans to max power to compensate for no PSU fan