Will 550watts be enough to run my pc?

Dawon

I'm thinking to run a RTX 2060 with Ryzen 7 3700x and air-cooler on a 550watts be quiets 80plus gold and I cant go higher watts because I'm thinking about my electricity bills to pay, will this be enough or should I buy a lower gpu? 

2 minutes ago, Dawon said:

I'm thinking to run a RTX 2060 with Ryzen 7 3700x and air-cooler on a 550watts be quiets 80plus gold and I cant go higher watts because I'm thinking about my electricity bills to pay, will this be enough or should I buy a lower gpu? 

Nvdia recommends a min of 500W, 550 will be plenty.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Your PC will only use as much power as it needs. Running a system that consumes 300W on a 1200W PSU will not cost more than running it on a 500W PSU. The PSU's rating says how much power it can provide at most.

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

a higher wattage PSU doesnt 'cause' more power draw. the wattage rating of a power supply is the "maximum" it can supply. if your system only uses for example 300 watts, wether you have a 550 or 850 watt power supply will have no notable impact on the amount of power it's drawing from the wall.

past that, in a real world scenario your system will almost never pull the 'peak' power draw of all components simultaniously, and the majority of the time you'll be way below that figure.

or in other words... as long as you're not doing any 24/7 loads (crypto mining, rendering, whatever) you shouldnt be worried about the power draw of your system notably affecting your electricity bill.