11500 or 11600K?

Hi 馃檪

In my region the 11500 is 19% less expensive than the 11600K.

According to UserBenchmark the 11500 is 3% less powerful ("Effective speed") than the 11600K.

They both have UHD750 as an iGPU (better than UHD730).

I don't know how reliable these benchmarks are, though. Relative values tend to vary quite a lot over time.

Currently, the 11500 has 95 benchmarks and the 1600K 303, so very few in both cases (as expected since these chips are new).

Which (or what) would you recommend?

Best,

-a-

17 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

Hi 馃檪

In my region the 11500 is 19% less expensive than the 11600K.

According to UserBenchmark the 11500 is 3% less powerful ("Effective speed") than the 11600K.

They both have UHD750 as an iGPU (better than UHD730).

I don't know how reliable these benchmarks are, though. Relative values tend to vary quite a lot over time.

Currently, the 11500 has 95 benchmarks and the 1600K 303, so very few in both cases (as expected since these chips are new).

Which (or what) would you recommend?

Best,

-a-

11500 with b560 is $300 give or take.聽

11600k with z590 is close to $500.

What do you use this pc for?聽

First off, don't use userbenchmark. It's garbage and known to spread straight up misinformation.

If you don't intend on overclocking you can save quite a bit of money with a 11500 while not losing that much in performance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

First off, don't use userbenchmark. It's garbage and known to spread straight up misinformation.

If you don't intend on overclocking you can save quite a bit of money with a 11500 while not losing that much in performance.

thanks @Stahlmann

Is there any alternative to UB that would be also fast and convenient to use?

23 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

11500 with b560 is $300 give or take.聽

11600k with z590 is close to $500.

What do you use this pc for?聽

Thanks @iCoNrant

Not gaming.

Mostly office/web use but also some specific applications that are more CPU intensive.

I was thinking more about an H570 MB. No overclocking planed here.

8 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

thanks @Stahlmann

Pretty much any review from a reputable source like GamersNexus, Hardware Unboxed, LTT, JayzTwoCents.

I prefer GamersNexus for their "scientific" way of testing and Hardware Unboxed for a greater view in more applications.

But afaik none of these reviewers have had content about the 10500 yet.

But seeing as both CPUs are on the same architecture, the only difference is 300MHz more boost clock out of the box and overclockability.

In this case my educated guess would be that they're within 5% of their relative gaming performance. If these 5% are worth around $200 to you is something you have to decide.

EDIT: Just saw that gaming is not the usecase. In this instance i'd just go for the 11500 right away.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

16 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

Thanks @iCoNrant

Not gaming.

Mostly office/web use but also some specific applications that are more CPU intensive.

I was thinking more about an H570 MB. No overclocking planed here.

11500 with H570 will serve you well

11 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Pretty much any review from a reputable source like GamersNexus, Hardware Unboxed, LTT, JayzTwoCents.

I prefer GamersNexus for their "scientific" way of testing and Hardware Unboxed for a greater view in more applications.

But afaik none of these reviewers have had content about the 10500 yet.

But seeing as both CPUs are on the same architecture, the only difference is 300MHz more boost clock out of the box and overclockability.

In this case my educated guess would be that they're within 5% of their relative gaming performance. If these 5% are worth around $200 to you is something you have to decide.

EDIT: Just saw that gaming is not the usecase. In this instance i'd just go for the 11500 right away.

@StahlmannIn my region the price difference between the 11500 and the 11600k is ~$50. According to what you told me the 11500 seems to make more sense for me I guess.

Thanks 馃檪

4 hours ago, asheenlevrai said:

thanks @Stahlmann

There are pretty much no alternatives aside from maybe passmark.

It doesn't show how much more powerful a CPU really is in most use cases but it does give you a general idea.

For example an Q6600 has a score of 1770 and a 3000g has the score of 4400.

The 3000g may not be 2,5x faster than a q6600 and we don't know the architectural differences that caused the difference in performance etc but what we do know is that the 3000g is better by quite a wide margin compared to the older core 2 quad.

The reason userbenchmark is hated is because they have made up a chart of how they get their numbers and their math is....to put it simply not reflective of real word scenarios.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, Cheburek said:

There are pretty much no alternatives aside from maybe passmark.

It doesn't show how much more powerful a CPU really is in most use cases but it does give you a general idea.

For example an Q6600 has a score of 1770 and a 3000g has the score of 4400.

The 3000g may not be 2,5x faster than a q6600 and we don't know the architectural differences that caused the difference in performance etc but what we do know is that the 3000g is better by quite a wide margin compared to the older core 2 quad.

The reason userbenchmark is hated is because they have made up a chart of how they get their numbers and their math is....to put it simply not reflective of real word scenarios.

Thanks a lot @Cheburek!!!

I am not familiar with Passmark yet but it looks good.

I'll look into it attentively.

Best,

-a-

Yes @Cheburek, Passmark looks like something I can handle 馃槈

One value for general performance, another one for single thread performance. Even if this cannot be 100% accurate for every type of application, it will help me rank different CPUs/GPUs.

Thanks a lot!