the most economical thing where to store over 1.297296e9mb?

call me a mad man, but sometimes the weird idea of videorecording everything that happens comes to me

I do see many advantage about it, but the problem is, where the heck can I store that mole of data?

the number of the title is a roughly enstimation of a 1080p video recording for 90years, it might be more if also considering the audio, file format, multiple cameras and etx

just a theorical questions, where could I store that much (and over) of data securely?

if I'm not wrong there were also some services (which I don't remember the names) who promised to store the data that you load on the net forever, but dunno

2 hours ago, Amias said:

Might be off by a multiple of 10, however that's about 1.3 peta bytes.

Go buy 65 x 20TB harddrives.

but harddrive will likely fail if it recording 90 years

Your logic is flawed. 

You will not be recording the same files for 90 years on the same camera using the same storage media. .  Compression will be better and tech will be better.

compression is limited by many things - and it's unlikely to get better in any way that will matter.

Bulk long term storage requires active management. The absolute best you're going to get would be 30 years lifetime with an LTO tape stored in a climate controlled site. 

The storage, however, as Heliian alluded to, will get significantly better over the years, and you don't need to store all your data immediately, it's accruing over the years. This means that you would start with a reasonable sized system and go from there. Ideally you would run it more-or-less like backblaze, where you store it redundantly, check it every so often, and cycle out bad drives/failed components as they occur.

The reality is that you would outsource this to a storage provider, because economies of scale are a real thing - It is an ever evolving landscape of storage, but what they all have in common is that they need regular upkeep and monitoring. In the modern era it's not even that hard - it's simply a matter of scope and cost, this is a solved problem.

The other thing you haven't addressed though is your need to use the data at all. This would significantly impact how you would store it.

33 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Your logic is flawed. 

You will not be recording the same files for 90 years on the same camera using the same storage media. .  Compression will be better and tech will be better.

While that is true, so will quality and resolution, meanwhile storage will continue to get cheaper and the need to make things smaller will be less and less. After all this has held true for the last 30 years. 

The general size of these files will likely increase as technology advances.

6 hours ago, IHFyrz2812 said:

but harddrive will likely fail if it recording 90 years

If you're worried about that, pay for online storage and have a constant upload running.

27 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Buy a hell of a lot of 5.25 inch floppies. Like, every floppy ever made. And change them every quarter of a second. For many years.

or they could go big and use Zip drives, lol

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

11 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Oooooooooh! Good idea - huuuuuge capacity on those things!

I don't know what you're on about. 100GB BD-R BDXL discs are better.

elephants

This isn't particularly difficult. I know data hoarders with massive Unraid setups in the petabyte range.

If we use Netflix 1080p streaming as an example (2GB per hour) that would be only 1.5 PB for 90 years of video. But you can use bitrates much much lower than that. It would only take a few dozen large hard drives.

-> Moved to Storage Devices

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv