SYSTEM UNIT WONT TURN ON

Ryu Hanbin

Hello!

Im having a problem with my PC.

When i press the power button it doesn't boot. No lights or fans spinning whatsoever. But tried to leave it for a few minutes. It suddenly boots up for less than a second.

I already tried my cpu ram and gpu to another system unit and its working perfectly fine.

I also tried to use the PSU (A) to my spare system unit and it's working.

I also tried my PSU (B) to my not working system unit, and no improvements.

Is it possible that the motherboard is faulty already? I already sent it for warranty but they just returned it to me that it's working fine when they tried it. But when i receive it, it doesn't work , and i should leave my pc for a week to try it again for it to work. But once i unplug it after shutting down and tried to plug it then turning it on again it doesnt work.

is PSU A and PSU B the same wattage? Maybe double check all your cable connections?

1 minute ago, Ozzy2020 said:

is PSU A and PSU B the same wattage? Maybe double check all your cable connections?

Already tried to reconnect the cables already.

Psu a is gigabyte p650b

Psu b is gigabyte p550b

Just running a ryzen 5 2600,1660super,b450tomahawk Max

3 minutes ago, Ryu Hanbin said:

Already tried to reconnect the cables already.

Psu a is gigabyte p650b

Psu b is gigabyte p550b

Just running a ryzen 5 2600,1660super,b450tomahawk Max

so just making sure, both PSU work on the system that currently runs and only one of them work on this system? 

11 minutes ago, Ozzy2020 said:

so just making sure, both PSU work on the system that currently runs and only one of them work on this system? 

System(a) the one that doesnt work

Specs: b450 tomahawk max,1660super,ryzen 5 2600, p650b gigabyte

System(b) this one is working.

Specs : b450 mortar max, ryzen 7 3700x, p550 gigabyte

I also tried using system(a) cpu, ram, gpu,psu on system(b) and its working fine 

But what I don't understand is that system (a) powers on after only leaving it on plug but only at most 1 sec

11 minutes ago, Ryu Hanbin said:

System(a) the one that doesnt work

Specs: b450 tomahawk max,1660super,ryzen 5 2600, p650b gigabyte

System(b) this one is working.

Specs : b450 mortar max, ryzen 7 3700x, p550 gigabyte

I also tried using system(a) cpu, ram, gpu,psu on system(b) and its working fine 

But what I don't understand is that system (a) powers on after only leaving it on plug but only at most 1 sec

Its seems like you have proven that the motherboard is not the issue, maybe try p650b on the working system. if it fails the power supply has been the issue all along. If it works, maybe theb450 tomahawk needs a bios update or something since you are trying to use a different cpu.

7 minutes ago, Ozzy2020 said:

Its seems like you have proven that the motherboard is not the issue, maybe try p650b on the working system. if it fails the power supply has been the issue all along. If it works, maybe theb450 tomahawk needs a bios update or something since you are trying to use a different cpu.

What i meant was system(a) is the one that doesn't work.

Its specs were its first and never replaced.

I tried it on my 2nd pc which are also working. I also tried both the 550 and 650w on my 2nd pc and they seem working fine

4 minutes ago, Ryu Hanbin said:

What i meant was system(a) is the one that doesn't work.

Its specs were its first and never replaced.

I tried it on my 2nd pc which are also working. I also tried both the 550 and 650w on my 2nd pc and they seem working fine

huh, maybe look into that specific cpu/mobo combo. ik mine needs a BIOS update to work. Maybe thats the case for you too? Or maybe the front hub cables are damaged or loose? Maybe a sticky power button?