It is worth it to upgrade 10700k to 5800x for gaming?

5800x uses less power and supports PCIE 4.0, it seems to be more future proof than 10700K.

I mainly use this PC for gaming, Youtube, and occasionally running Folding@home on both CPU and GPU.

It is worth it to upgrade 10700k to 5800x for these applications? or wait for next generation CPUs?

No, it's not worth it. While the 5800X is a better CPU, there's no reason to upgrade to it if you already have a 10700K.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

You will likely not notice the difference. While the 5800X would be the preferred option on a new build, it's not worth it for replacing a 10700K.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Scania556 said:

5800x uses less power and supports PCIE 4.0, it seems to be more future proof than 10700K.

I mainly use this PC for gaming, Youtube, and occasionally running Folding@home on both CPU and GPU.

It is worth it to upgrade 10700k to 5800x for these applications? or wait for next generation CPUs?

A 10700k is 5-8% slower, but you have great 8 cores 16 threads processor that will serve you 3 more years or more.