Need help with supply cable 1500w

JPapasergio

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a proper power cable for this 1500w thermaltake psu? 

thanks 

F9CFD7D4-C3DC-423C-A07F-93A8DDFF4EBA.jpeg

23818E83-58D9-44EE-953B-DA4A2E15C4E1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Blai5e said:

@JPapasergio - The input to the PSU is designed for a high amp cord like the following: Tripp Lite P007-006 Heavy Duty Computer Power Cord, 15A, 14AWG (NEMA 5-15P to IEC-320-C13), 6-ft Black   or reach out to Thermaltake for the OEM cord for your PSU.

@Blai5e thanks for your response, I have reached out to thermaltake and since the unit is discontinued they told me they don’t have info on the cord.  The cord you linked seems to have a different connector than the back allows on the unit 

8 minutes ago, JPapasergio said:

@Blai5e thanks for your response, I have reached out to thermaltake and since the unit is discontinued they told me they don’t have info on the cord.  The cord you linked seems to have a different connector than the back allows on the unit 

Sorry, here's a more appropriate one... SilverStone Technology C19 Power Cable 60 Inches in Length SST-G11301500-RT

Also on that Amazon page, you'll see others that might fit the bill.

8 hours ago, Blai5e said:

Sorry, here's a more appropriate one... SilverStone Technology C19 Power Cable 60 Inches in Length SST-G11301500-RT

Also on that Amazon page, you'll see others that might fit the bill.

@Blai5e i've check on amazon, my only concern is the gauge of wire.  the most i see is 14 awg, i figured i'd try to find a 12, but i cant seem to find one.  

41 minutes ago, JPapasergio said:

@Blai5e i've check on amazon, my only concern is the gauge of wire.  the most i see is 14 awg, i figured i'd try to find a 12, but i cant seem to find one.  

According to this AX1600i comes with 14awg power cord, so it probably is alright.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-ax1600i-psu,5406.html

26 minutes ago, basriwizz said:

According to this AX1600i comes with 14awg power cord, so it probably is alright.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-ax1600i-psu,5406.html

@basriwizz i suppose i can give it a shot, but the max power output on the supply is 280w, the one linked is 180w.  my biggest issue with needing a 12 gauge wire over the 14, is that the supply doesnt have a power switch.  i wanted to be extra safe

1 hour ago, JPapasergio said:

@basriwizz i suppose i can give it a shot, but the max power output on the supply is 280w, the one linked is 180w.  

What?!?!  That's the +3.3V & +5V combined output you're quoting there.  The input CURRENT says 18A-9A.  18g is listed because the PSU supports 100V mains.  But it wouldn't work at that low of voltage anyway because you'd trip your breaker before you even got that high.

Also, do you realize how OLD this PSU is?  TEN YEARS.  How long has it been sitting around?  Are you even sure it works?

And you don't need 12g.  That's ridiculous.  Like I said, if you're pulling that much current, you're going to trip a breaker first.  14g is the standard issue:

https://www.amazon.com/Cablelera-North-American-Extension-ZWACPFAC-06/dp/B00GMPVAJM/

19 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

What?!?!  That's the +3.3V & +5V combined output you're quoting there.  The input CURRENT says 18A-9A.  18g is listed because the PSU supports 100V mains.  But it wouldn't work at that low of voltage anyway because you'd trip your breaker before you even got that high.

Also, do you realize how OLD this PSU is?  TEN YEARS.  How long has it been sitting around?  Are you even sure it works?

And you don't need 12g.  That's ridiculous.  Like I said, if you're pulling that much current, you're going to trip a breaker first.  14g is the standard issue:

https://www.amazon.com/Cablelera-North-American-Extension-ZWACPFAC-06/dp/B00GMPVAJM/

@jonnyGURU hey, yeah i know its pretty old. but its something i found recently, i actually found 2 pcs tossed out and everything ive tested so far, worked.  although theyre outdated, theyre working. the one thing i wasnt able to test was this psu,  but i did order the cord, so when it comes ill be able to test it. 
one of the pcs had dual evga geforce gtx590 classified gpus. one had a core i7 processor, one and i5, as well as 2 adata gaming ddr3 1600, 2 ballistix sport.  outdated, but still salvageable and working. 

5 hours ago, JPapasergio said:

@jonnyGURU hey, yeah i know its pretty old. but its something i found recently, i actually found 2 pcs tossed out and everything ive tested so far, worked.  although theyre outdated, theyre working. the one thing i wasnt able to test was this psu,  but i did order the cord, so when it comes ill be able to test it. 
one of the pcs had dual evga geforce gtx590 classified gpus. one had a core i7 processor, one and i5, as well as 2 adata gaming ddr3 1600, 2 ballistix sport.  outdated, but still salvageable and working. 

Recycling old CPUs, RAM, etc. is easy because they either work or the don't.  The bad thing about PSUs is they "seem" to work, but can then kill the rest of your parts.