Asus finally releases Resize Bar support for Z370 and Z390 Motherboards

TrigrH

Finally the last Major vendor to add Resize Bar support to 8th/9th generation Intel.

As of yesterday Asus has started to roll out these updates to their maximum lineup with plans to have wider support by may.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-to-release-resizable-bar-update-for-z370-and-z390-motherboards-ealy-may.html

"- Add Resizable BAR support for Nvidia RTX 30 series cards to potentially deliver more performance to gamers in select titles.

Please note that this is a beta BIOS version of the motherboard which is still undergoing final testing before its official release. The UEFI, its firmware and all content found on it are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ASUS does not give any warranties, whether express or limited, as to the suitability, compatibility, or usability of the UEFI, its firmware or any of its content. Except as provided in the Product warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from using this beta BIOS."

About time asus, about time.

Source

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-x-apex-model/helpdesk_bios

• 3 months later...

Asus has removed the beta bios with the Resize Bar on Z390 Prime series... It's a shame.

I get horrendous stuttering in bunch of games when using ReBAR with RTX 3080. It's so bad in Borderlands 3 it was nearly unplayable because of it.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, RejZoR said:

I get horrendous stuttering in bunch of games when using ReBAR with RTX 3080. It's so bad in Borderlands 3 it was nearly unplayable because of it.

on Z390? i was planning on applying this to my Z370, not sure if its such a great idea if its that bad.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

12 minutes ago, Maticks said:

on Z390? i was planning on applying this to my Z370, not sure if its such a great idea if its that bad.

AMD X570