My Mouse seems to just stop tracking randomly

Grungble

Hey I have a Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed and have all the software for it and it's been working fine for months and it seems to now just randomly stop tracking, and this happens even when there is nothing intensive going on, and sometimes when I have not gotten any notifications that the battery is low it will just shut off until I replace the battery and this has only been happening this month. Anyone able to help im going to trying a different mouse pad though to see if it continues.

Update: The mouse pad changes nothing.

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

I have this same mouse. I found that moving the bluetooth receiver closer to the mouse helps it from freezing as often, though it still happens occasionally. I used a USB extension cord to move the receiver to about a foot away from the mouse.

ok, I got a hub under my desk so hopefully that will help

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

I have the naga pro wireless and it does the same thing. I think its something tied to the razer synapse app. Doesn't do it unless it is installed on my comp

18 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I have the naga pro wireless and it does the same thing. I think its something tied to the razer synapse app. Doesn't do it unless it is installed on my comp

ok, ill try uninstalling the software

29 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I don't have synaspe and it still disconnects occassionally.

ok well uninstalling seemed to help, but keeping it installed and the connector close to the mouse seems to work as well, but I don't like taking up the front io ports and the software

3 hours ago, Grungble said:

ok well uninstalling seemed to help, but keeping it installed and the connector close to the mouse seems to work as well, but I don't like taking up the front io ports and the software

I use a usb extension cable and double sided tape to cable manage/hide it under my desk close to where my mouse is. It works pretty well. I'm a little bummed about the issue since I swapped my dying G905 for it, which had a rock-solid wireless connection over 4+ years.