Looking for a DL startup to join

Jet_ski

I’m looking to join a deep learning startup. If you know of an interesting startup that’s looking for deep learning engineers (either vision or NLP problems), please let me know.

I’ve run out of places to look. I tried Angel.co and it’s been a barrage of “startups” that want you to build their entire platform for literally nothing, no pay and 0.5% equity... 😂 

the hype around deep learning is still way up high, keep looking for one you will eventually find a place to work at.

2 hours ago, comander said:

With that said, a lot of the VC funded startups are VERY selective and as you've noticed... don't really pay. 

It's not necessarily harder to get into say Google or Amazon in a $200-500k per year role vs getting into some of the more selective startups that'll pay like... 60-120k and give 0.5% equity (that you probably won't be able to cash out and/or will be diluted to like 0.05% of the company by the time the company IPOs)

The startups I was referring to are not on that level or anywhere near that, they are pre-funding and without any decent IP. I’ll definitely look into the VC backed startups you mention. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

the hype around deep learning is still way up high, keep looking for one you will eventually find a place to work at.

There’s hype in the sense that many startups/companies  are claiming to have great ML/DL capabilities but they don’t and in reality they do a lot of manual work because they lie. But DL definitely has great potential when implemented correctly.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, comander said:

-

This is great insight, thank you!