Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan Hub / Splitter?

Go to solution Solved by Haraikomono,
Just now, Britishblue said:

wait, it's a 4 pin splitter. How would i power it from the psu? I plug it into the motherboard not the psu right ?

71A5mrp71bL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

it comes with a sata power cable and standard fan cable for your motherboard.

the motherboard fan cable, is there for speed control I assume

and the psu cable for power delivery

I have a fan SPLITTER that seems to split the power being outputted from my fan header between 6 fans. But this makes it so if the fans are on low then they flicker as the header isn't giving off enough power. My friend told me that i should get a fan hub to fix this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-FH-10-Integrated-Controller-Motherboard/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fan+hub&qid=1618509459&sr=8-3. Will this make my fan header output more power so all the fans get the right amount of power. Also is it ok to make 1 fan header power all 6 of my fans. My motherboard is a z370m d3h. Thanks

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

I have a fan SPLITTER that seems to split the power being outputted from my fan header between 6 fans. But this makes it so if the fans are on low then they flicker as the header isn't giving off enough power. My friend told me that i should get a fan hub to fix this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-FH-10-Integrated-Controller-Motherboard/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fan+hub&qid=1618509459&sr=8-3. Will this make my fan header output more power so all the fans get the right amount of power. Also is it ok to make 1 fan header power all 6 of my fans. My motherboard is a z370m d3h. Thanks

it should be able to power 10 fans if its connected to the psu directly via the sata power,

be aware though that you might not be able to address each fan speed individually

1 minute ago, Haraikomono said:

it will certainly distribute the 12V across the 10 fans, though im not so sure about the amperage

I wan't it to only do 6 fans

4 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

it should be able to power 10 fans if its connected to the psu directly via the sata power,

be aware though that you might not be able to address each fan speed individually

wait, it's a 4 pin splitter. How would i power it from the psu? I plug it into the motherboard not the psu right ?

Just now, Britishblue said:

2 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Sorry, let me just make sure i understand. I get a sata power cable and plug it into my psu then i plug the sata female cable that comes with the hub into one of the sata male cables then i plug that into the hub. Then i plug the other end into one of the fan headers and the other end into the hub?

I have a cable in there right now with 4 sata power cables on it. Would plugging it into one of these be enough?

Just now, Haraikomono said:

yes

Alright. Sorry. I was just a bit confused. Thanks so much

52 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Am I able to plug the sata into the sata cable that already has my hdd and ssd connected or does it have to be a fresh cable