Ryzen 5 3600 HIGH Idle temps

I have recently installed a ryzen 3600 and the idle temps are 64 degrees C under no load at 3600MHz and 80 degrees C under max load. I'm using an ID-Cooling 240mm AIO that worked perfectly for my i5 9600k keeping it under 55 degrees under full load. I have installed the drivers and chipsets but they are still very high.

Hmmm....You haven't got your AIO positioned in such a way that the pump is getting air in it have you?

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

4 hours ago, ObsidianAura said:

Hmmm....You haven't got your AIO positioned in such a way that the pump is getting air in it have you?

There is potential for air to get in, but i would hear it and it is in the same place as it was when it was cooling my i5 and that worked fine

Update: installed the stock cooler and I know that it was properly installed, had lots of airflow etc and idle was 67-72 degrees and it was throttling under full load. Could it be a faulty chip? 

7 hours ago, boggy77 said:

sounds like bad aio installation

I know for a fact it isn't with what I have done to try and fix it 

what case do you have? maybe there is poor airflow? how are your ambient temps?

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what case do you have? maybe there is poor airflow? how are your ambient temps?

nzxt h510, but i had the side window off as well when i did both tests so airflow shouldn't be a problem. Ambient temps are around 20 degrees C constant.